nfs mount takes long time - VxWorks

This is a discussion on nfs mount takes long time - VxWorks ; Hi all, I'm using nfsmount to mount an exported directory from a different host. First command "hostAdd" works and return correctly, but "nfsMount" takes about 10s to complete his operation and return !!! I'm on Workbench 2.6 (VxWorks 6.4) and ...

  1. nfs mount takes long time

    Hi all,

    I'm using nfsmount to mount an exported directory from a different
    host.
    First command "hostAdd" works and return correctly, but "nfsMount"
    takes about 10s to complete his operation and return !!!

    I'm on Workbench 2.6 (VxWorks 6.4) and I'm using NFS v3 for both
    client and server

    Any suggestions?
    Thank you!

  2. Re: nfs mount takes long time

    It has been over a year since I last worked with the VxWorks NFS sub-
    systems. Have you tried running ethereal, or some other network
    sniffer/capture tool? I have found in the past that it has been
    useful in debugging and fixing problems related to VxWorks' NFS.

    If you have access to the source code, the nfsMount() routine can be
    found in target/src/wrn/coreip/apps/nfs/nfsCommon.c (if memory
    serves).

    pcm

    lucsar wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm using nfsmount to mount an exported directory from a different
    > host.
    > First command "hostAdd" works and return correctly, but "nfsMount"
    > takes about 10s to complete his operation and return !!!
    >
    > I'm on Workbench 2.6 (VxWorks 6.4) and I'm using NFS v3 for both
    > client and server
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    > Thank you!

  3. Re: nfs mount takes long time

    On 2 Lug, 02:58, peter.mit...@gmail.com wrote:
    > It has been over a year since I last worked with the VxWorks NFS sub-
    > systems. Have you tried running ethereal, or some other network
    > sniffer/capture tool? I have found in the past that it has been
    > useful in debugging and fixing problems related to VxWorks' NFS.
    >
    > If you have access to the source code, the nfsMount() routine can be
    > found in target/src/wrn/coreip/apps/nfs/nfsCommon.c (if memory
    > serves).
    >
    > pcm
    >
    > lucsar wrote:
    > > Hi all,

    > > I'm using nfsmount to mount an exported directory from a different
    > > host.
    > > First command "hostAdd" works and return correctly, but "nfsMount"
    > > takes about 10s to complete his operation and return !!!

    > > I'm on Workbench 2.6 (VxWorks 6.4) and I'm using NFS v3 for both
    > > client and server

    > > Any suggestions?
    > > Thank you!

    Thank you pcm for your response but I've solved building a newer image
    project, It helps sometimes.

    Regards

+ Reply to Thread