How to enable last-accessed timestamp in DosFs? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to enable last-accessed timestamp in DosFs? - VxWorks ; The only documentation about enabling these timestamps refers to HRFS, while we use DosFs (VxWorks6.5)....

  1. How to enable last-accessed timestamp in DosFs?

    The only documentation about enabling these timestamps refers to HRFS,
    while we use DosFs (VxWorks6.5).

  2. Re: How to enable last-accessed timestamp in DosFs?

    On Jun 29, 11:18*am, Lilia wrote:
    > The only documentation about enabling these timestamps refers to HRFS,
    > while we use DosFs (VxWorks6.5).

    First of all, the resolution of the access timestamp is different for
    both DosFS and HRFS. According to the DosFS specs, the resolution for
    the access timestamp is the day--it is pretty coarse. The HRFS
    resolution is much finer--a second or a millisecond; I can't remember
    which. That being said ...

    ioctl (fd, FIOTIMESET, struct utimbuf * pUtimBuf) -- this may update
    an individual file's timestamps

    Or more generally, use the dosFsLastAccessDateEnable() routine. You
    will need the dosfs volume descriptor ID. To get that, save the
    return value from ...
    dosFsVolDescGet (, NULL)

    pcm

+ Reply to Thread