Reduce the Bootup time - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Reduce the Bootup time - VxWorks ; Hi Friends, I want to enable the cache in romInit.s file itself. The Arch is X86 and OS version is VxWorks 6.6 Has anyone tried this? Please give your ideas. -Regards, C.Premnath...

  1. Reduce the Bootup time

    Hi Friends,
    I want to enable the cache in romInit.s file itself.

    The Arch is X86 and OS version is VxWorks 6.6

    Has anyone tried this? Please give your ideas.

    -Regards,
    C.Premnath

  2. Re: Reduce the Bootup time

    prem.chakaravarthy@gmail.com wrote:

    >Hi Friends,
    > I want to enable the cache in romInit.s file itself.
    >
    > The Arch is X86 and OS version is VxWorks 6.6
    >
    > Has anyone tried this? Please give your ideas.

    I have no experience with VxWorks for X86 but I routinely enable caching
    in romInit.s for PPC32 with excellent results.

    I answered a very similar query less than a moth ago. Are you familiar
    with the Google newsgroups archive?