ipAttach error - VxWorks

This is a discussion on ipAttach error - VxWorks ; I am trying to duplicate our on-site system with a different board in our lab. The source code is using the functions ipAttach, ifMaskSet, ifAddrSet to attach to fei1 & fei2 and also dcAttach, ifMaskSet, ifAddrSet to attach to dc1 ...

  1. ipAttach error

    I am trying to duplicate our on-site system with a different board in
    our lab. The source code is using the functions ipAttach, ifMaskSet,
    ifAddrSet to attach to fei1 & fei2 and also dcAttach, ifMaskSet,
    ifAddrSet to attach to dc1 device. I am getting initialization errors
    (dcAttach - undefined symbol) and was wondering how to tell what/if
    controllers are on this new board. Would that be part of the BSP ?
    The ifAddrSet calls seem to point to different ethernet hubs on the on-
    site system which we dont have yet in the lab. Is this just a matter
    of connecting new hubs to the board or do I need to add/define
    something on the board as well?
    The following is the output I am getting.
    Thanks
    Dan

    VxWorks System Boot

    Copyright 1984-2002 Wind River Systems, Inc.

    CPU: Motorola MVME5100-0131 - MPC 750
    Version: VxWorks5.5.1
    BSP version: 1.2/2
    Creation date: Jul 26 2007, 10:17:50

    Press any key to stop auto-boot...
    7
    6
    5
    4
    3
    2
    1
    0

    auto-booting...

    boot device : fei
    unit number : 0
    processor number : 0
    host name : SLAYER
    file name : c:/VxWorksBOOT/vxWorks
    inet on ethernet (e) : 192.168.60.139:ffffff00
    host inet (h) : 192.168.60.61
    user (u) : anonymous
    ftp password (pw) : anonymous
    flags (f) : 0x0
    target name (tn) : hostppc
    startup script (s) : C:/Controlled/trunk/vxworks_bin/script.txt

    Attached TCP/IP interface to fei0.
    Attaching network interface lo0... done.
    Starting at 0x100000...

    Attached TCP/IP interface to fei unit 0
    Attaching interface lo0...done

    VxWorks

    Copyright 1984-2002 Wind River Systems, Inc.

    CPU: Motorola MVME5100-0131 - MPC 750
    Runtime Name: VxWorks
    Runtime Version: 5.5.1
    BSP version: 1.2/2
    Created: Sep 14 2007, 11:48:26
    WDB Comm Type: WDB_COMM_END
    WDB: Ready.

    Executing startup script C:/Controlled/trunk/vxworks_bin/
    script.txt ...
    ld < C:/Controlled/trunk/vxworks_bin/Control_Panel.out

    value = 61399008 = 0x3a8dfe0
    ucmdsrvr

    UCMDSRVR communications established
    Activating Xinit
    Unable to Initialize the Carrier Board
    0x3a3da90 (Xinit): ipAttach: Can't attach fei (unit 1). It is not an
    END device.
    fei1 Interface Attach Error - PMC-3101: errno = 0x6d0002
    dc1 Interface Attach Error - no dec chip interface detected

  2. Re: ipAttach error

    On Sep 25, 8:26 pm, dandysxm wrote:
    > I am trying to duplicate our on-site system with a different board in
    > our lab. The source code is using the functions ipAttach, ifMaskSet,
    > ifAddrSet to attach to fei1 & fei2 and also dcAttach, ifMaskSet,
    > ifAddrSet to attach to dc1 device. I am getting initialization errors
    > (dcAttach - undefined symbol) and was wondering how to tell what/if
    > controllers are on this new board. Would that be part of the BSP ?
    > The ifAddrSet calls seem to point to different ethernet hubs on the on-
    > site system which we dont have yet in the lab. Is this just a matter
    > of connecting new hubs to the board or do I need to add/define
    > something on the board as well?
    > The following is the output I am getting.
    > Thanks
    > Dan
    >
    > VxWorks System Boot
    >
    > Copyright 1984-2002 Wind River Systems, Inc.
    >
    > CPU: Motorola MVME5100-0131 - MPC 750
    > Version: VxWorks5.5.1
    > BSP version: 1.2/2
    > Creation date: Jul 26 2007, 10:17:50
    >
    > Press any key to stop auto-boot...
    > 7
    > 6
    > 5
    > 4
    > 3
    > 2
    > 1
    > 0
    >
    > auto-booting...
    >
    > boot device : fei
    > unit number : 0
    > processor number : 0
    > host name : SLAYER
    > file name : c:/VxWorksBOOT/vxWorks
    > inet on ethernet (e) : 192.168.60.139:ffffff00
    > host inet (h) : 192.168.60.61
    > user (u) : anonymous
    > ftp password (pw) : anonymous
    > flags (f) : 0x0
    > target name (tn) : hostppc
    > startup script (s) : C:/Controlled/trunk/vxworks_bin/script.txt
    >
    > Attached TCP/IP interface to fei0.
    > Attaching network interface lo0... done.
    > Starting at 0x100000...
    >
    > Attached TCP/IP interface to fei unit 0
    > Attaching interface lo0...done
    >
    > VxWorks
    >
    > Copyright 1984-2002 Wind River Systems, Inc.
    >
    > CPU: Motorola MVME5100-0131 - MPC 750
    > Runtime Name: VxWorks
    > Runtime Version: 5.5.1
    > BSP version: 1.2/2
    > Created: Sep 14 2007, 11:48:26
    > WDB Comm Type: WDB_COMM_END
    > WDB: Ready.
    >
    > Executing startup script C:/Controlled/trunk/vxworks_bin/
    > script.txt ...
    > ld < C:/Controlled/trunk/vxworks_bin/Control_Panel.out
    >
    > value = 61399008 = 0x3a8dfe0
    > ucmdsrvr
    >
    > UCMDSRVR communications established
    > Activating Xinit
    > Unable to Initialize the Carrier Board
    > 0x3a3da90 (Xinit): ipAttach: Can't attach fei (unit 1). It is not an
    > END device.
    > fei1 Interface Attach Error - PMC-3101: errno = 0x6d0002
    > dc1 Interface Attach Error - no dec chip interface detected

    Looks like mux interface is returning error

    Two basic things to check

    a) Value of IP_MAX_UNITS in your kernel configuration
    b) entry in enDevTbl in configNet.h in your BSP (2 netries should be
    present for fei0 and fei1, and if present, check if any of them is
    under some compile time flag)

    Best Regards
    VKG | Ritsoft Technologies

  3. Re: ipAttach error

    On Sep 26, 5:27 am, VKG Ritsoft Technologies
    wrote:
> [...]

    > > ld < C:/Controlled/trunk/vxworks_bin/Control_Panel.out

    > > value = 61399008 = 0x3a8dfe0
    > > ucmdsrvr

    > > UCMDSRVR communications established
    > > Activating Xinit
    > > Unable to Initialize the Carrier Board
    > > 0x3a3da90 (Xinit): ipAttach: Can't attach fei (unit 1). It is not an
    > > END device.
    > > fei1 Interface Attach Error - PMC-3101: errno = 0x6d0002
    > > dc1 Interface Attach Error - no dec chip interface detected

    > Looks like mux interface is returning error
    >
    > Two basic things to check
    >
    > a) Value of IP_MAX_UNITS in your kernel configuration
    > b) entry in enDevTbl in configNet.h in your BSP (2 netries should be
    > present for fei0 and fei1, and if present, check if any of them is
    > under some compile time flag)
    >
    > Best Regards
    > VKG | Ritsoft Technologies- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks
    I increased the IP_MAX_UNITS from 1 to 3 but no change.
    the enDevTbl entry seems to rely on INCLUDE_SECONDARY_ENET being
    defined to have an additional entry.
    That is #undef in config.h as is INCLUDE_DEC_END which might help with
    the dcattach undefined symbol.
    If I change these to #define in config.h would all I have to then do
    is rebuild the vxworks from the Tornado project facility build or
    would I need to also recompile the project source code files?

    Thanks
    Dan

  4. Re: ipAttach error

    On Sep 27, 12:24 pm, dandysxm wrote:
> [...]

    > > Two basic things to check

    > > a) Value of IP_MAX_UNITS in your kernel configuration
    > > b) entry in enDevTbl in configNet.h in your BSP (2 netries should be
    > > present for fei0 and fei1, and if present, check if any of them is
    > > under some compile time flag)

    > > Best Regards
    > > VKG | Ritsoft Technologies- Hide quoted text -

    > Thanks
    > I increased the IP_MAX_UNITS from 1 to 3 but no change.
    > the enDevTbl entry seems to rely on INCLUDE_SECONDARY_ENET being
    > defined to have an additional entry.
    > That is #undef in config.h as is INCLUDE_DEC_END which might help with
    > the dcattach undefined symbol.
    > If I change these to #define in config.h would all I have to then do
    > is rebuild the vxworks from the Tornado project facility build or
    > would I need to also recompile the project source code files?

    If you change config.h in your bsp, change will not be refelected
    until you create a new project using that BSP and when you create a
    new project, again you need to set IP_MAX_UNITS to the number of
    ethernet interface you want to use.

    VKG | Ritsoft Technologies

+ Reply to Thread