This is a discussion on loading Tornado 2.2 .out image on a Tornado 2.2PNE BSP machine - VxWorks ; Hi. I have a machine with a BSP compiled with Tornado 2.2PNE, for PPC. I'm trying to load an .out file compiled with Tornado2.2 to that machine. I'm getting the following error: Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 ...

    Hi.

    I have a machine with a BSP compiled with Tornado 2.2PNE, for PPC. I'm
    trying to load an .out file compiled with Tornado2.2 to that machine.
    I'm getting the following error:
    Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits

    However, I DO use -mlongcall when building the .out file.

    Can it be done, downloading a 2.2 .out file on a 2.2PNE machine? If
    so, what can be my problem?

    Thanks,
    Ofer

  2. Re: loading Tornado 2.2 .out image on a Tornado 2.2PNE BSP machine

    On Sep 18, 6:28 pm, ofe...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have a machine with a BSP compiled with Tornado 2.2PNE, for PPC. I'm
    > trying to load an .out file compiled with Tornado2.2 to that machine.
    > I'm getting the following error:
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits
    >
    > However, I DO use -mlongcall when building the .out file.
    >
    > Can it be done, downloading a 2.2 .out file on a 2.2PNE machine? If
    > so, what can be my problem?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ofer

    -mlongcall option will really helps you. Other way is
    LOCAL_MEM_AUTOSIZE option shall be taken off and ensure that the
    LOCAL_MEM_SIZE and USER_RESERVED_MEM difference should not exceed more
    that 32MB(EABI Standard). Here you will not have sufficient memory for
    your application.

    --GOOD LUCK
    Sadashiv

+ Reply to Thread