VxWorks version for a Special CPU support ??? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks version for a Special CPU support ??? - VxWorks ; Hi, I saw VxWorks has a Target Processor Vendors such as Freescale, ARM .... What's that means? Does it already included in the VxWorks releases? Or a specific BSP must be installed? My current development is based on VxWorks 5.4 ...

  1. VxWorks version for a Special CPU support ???

    Hi,

    I saw VxWorks has a Target Processor Vendors such as Freescale,
    ARM .... What's that means? Does it already included in the VxWorks
    releases? Or a specific BSP must be installed?

    My current development is based on VxWorks 5.4 and MPC8260. Now I want
    to replace MPC8260 with newer MPC8347. I checked Wind River bsp sites:
    http://www.windriver.com/products/bs..._platform.html, and could
    not find MPC83xx related BSP stuff under VxWorks 5.4. Does that means
    I must move to a newer VxWorks release, such VxWorks 6.2?

    The MPC8347 will be in the form of a SBC board from a hardware vender.
    That vender will provide BSP stuff. In its website, it only mentions
    BSP for 6.2 and 6.3.

    Thanks!

    Yong

  2. Re: VxWorks version for a Special CPU support ???

    On Sep 17, 3:46 pm, yozh...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I saw VxWorks has a Target Processor Vendors such as Freescale,
    > ARM .... What's that means? Does it already included in the VxWorks
    > releases? Or a specific BSP must be installed?
    >
    > My current development is based on VxWorks 5.4 and MPC8260. Now I want
    > to replace MPC8260 with newer MPC8347. I checked Wind River bsp sites:http://www.windriver.com/products/bs..._platform.html, and could
    > not find MPC83xx related BSP stuff under VxWorks 5.4. Does that means
    > I must move to a newer VxWorks release, such VxWorks 6.2?
    >
    > The MPC8347 will be in the form of a SBC board from a hardware vender.
    > That vender will provide BSP stuff. In its website, it only mentions
    > BSP for 6.2 and 6.3.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Yong

    Yes, you need to migrate to a new version of VxWorks. The MPC83xx
    processor family requires new OS architecture support and new compiler
    support, which is not available for VxWorks 5.4. Once you upgrade,
    you'll then need the BSP for your board from the vendor.

    -Bill

  3. Re: VxWorks version for a Special CPU support ???

    Thanks!

    Yong

    On Sep 18, 1:01 pm, noiset...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Sep 17, 3:46 pm, yozh...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > I saw VxWorks has a Target Processor Vendors such as Freescale,
    > > ARM .... What's that means? Does it already included in the VxWorks
    > > releases? Or a specific BSP must be installed?

    > > My current development is based on VxWorks 5.4 and MPC8260. Now I want
    > > to replace MPC8260 with newer MPC8347. I checked Wind River bsp sites:http://www.windriver.com/products/bs..._platform.html, and could
    > > not find MPC83xx related BSP stuff under VxWorks 5.4. Does that means
    > > I must move to a newer VxWorks release, such VxWorks 6.2?

    > > The MPC8347 will be in the form of a SBC board from a hardware vender.
    > > That vender will provide BSP stuff. In its website, it only mentions
    > > BSP for 6.2 and 6.3.

    > > Thanks!

    > > Yong

    > Yes, you need to migrate to a new version of VxWorks. The MPC83xx
    > processor family requires new OS architecture support and new compiler
    > support, which is not available for VxWorks 5.4. Once you upgrade,
    > you'll then need the BSP for your board from the vendor.
    >
    > -Bill

+ Reply to Thread