General purpose design - VxWorks

This is a discussion on General purpose design - VxWorks ; Hello, I would like to know you're opinion about what i'm trying to do, if it's realistic or not. Well, i've a sotfware with few abstraction layers, suppose it's like User_Application_Lyer (rs232 monitor for exemple) | Managers (sound manager, display ...

  1. General purpose design

    Hello,
    I would like to know you're opinion about what i'm trying to do, if
    it's realistic or not.
    Well, i've a sotfware with few abstraction layers, suppose it's like

    User_Application_Lyer (rs232 monitor for exemple)

    Managers (sound manager, display managers, amovible devices
    access manager etc)

    Low level lyers

    well, i would like to define a new quality of service manager (i'm not
    sure if QA is the appropriate name), the idea is
    + Guarantee a certain amount of ressources (lets say every task will
    have at lest X% of CPU, Y% RAM)
    + For any extra ressources, the new manager have the sufficient rights
    to suspend those tasks.

    I'm looking if any people worked around this behaviour, if some of you
    have any ideas.
    Ty.
    --
    gpg

  2. Re: General purpose design

    On 12 sep, 10:17, gpgn...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I would like to know you're opinion about what i'm trying to do, if
    > it's realistic or not.
    > Well, i've a sotfware with few abstraction layers, suppose it's like
    >
    > User_Application_Lyer (rs232 monitor for exemple)
    > |
    > Managers (sound manager, display managers, amovible devices
    > access manager etc)
    > |
    > Low level lyers
    >
    > well, i would like to define a new quality of service manager (i'm not
    > sure if QA is the appropriate name), the idea is
    > + Guarantee a certain amount of ressources (lets say every task will
    > have at lest X% of CPU, Y% RAM)
    > + For any extra ressources, the new manager have the sufficient rights
    > to suspend those tasks.
    >
    > I'm looking if any people worked around this behaviour, if some of you
    > have any ideas.
    > Ty.
    > --
    > gpg

    The idea is to write a hight level scheduler task to schedule high
    level tasks.
    br

+ Reply to Thread