MPC8548 PCIE - VxWorks

This is a discussion on MPC8548 PCIE - VxWorks ; I am using VxWorks 6.4 on a CPU card(in house design) with MPC8548 CPU. The CPU card is very similar to the WindRiver SBC8548E card. I configured the the 8548E as host and configured root complex the same as the ...

  1. MPC8548 PCIE

    I am using VxWorks 6.4 on a CPU card(in house design) with MPC8548
    CPU. The CPU card is very similar to the WindRiver SBC8548E card.

    I configured the the 8548E as host and configured root complex the
    same as the wrsbc8548 board using pciAutoConfigLib. I can access all
    the registers in the pci-e config space on bus 0 (root complex) but
    the CPU hangs if I issue a PCI-E config cycle on bus 1.

    Has anyone seen similar issue on MPC8548E? Any suggestion appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Aung

  2. Re: MPC8548 PCIE

    On Sep 3, 4:52 pm, Aung wrote:

    > I am using VxWorks 6.4 on a CPU card(in house design) with MPC8548
    > CPU. The CPU card is very similar to the WindRiver SBC8548E card.
    >
    > I configured the the 8548E as host and configured root complex the
    > same as the wrsbc8548 board using pciAutoConfigLib. I can access all
    > the registers in the pci-e config space on bus 0 (root complex) but
    > the CPU hangs if I issue a PCI-E config cycle on bus 1.
    >
    > Has anyone seen similar issue on MPC8548E? Any suggestion appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Aung

    Do you actually have a device plugged into the PCIe slot? There is an
    erratum on some of the Freescale CPUs with PCIe support that says the
    CPU will hang if you attempt to do a PCI configuration access on a
    PCIe bus when there aren't any devices connected (accesses where bus
    == 0 work, but others fail). The workaround is to check one of the
    registers in the root complex to verify that PCIe link training has
    completed before making any configuration accesses. If link training
    isn't complete, then there's no device attached.

    I don't know for certain that this bug applies to the MPC8548, but I
    think Freescale uses the same PCIe bridge design in several of their
    processors. You can check by plugging a card into the board. If the
    CPU doesn't
    hang, then this is the problem.

    -Bill

  3. Re: MPC8548 PCIE

    Thanks for your advice.

    I talked to Freescale support and they confirmed that the same bug
    exists on MPC8548.

    Thanks,
    Aung

  4. Re: MPC8548 PCIE

    Moreever,FreeScale provide an ISR invoked when accessing non-exist
    devices via PCI config read,but it's really difficult when we apply
    PCIE to adapt a HOT-PLUG PCI card.

    --
    Via: http://www.jumlers.com/comp.os.vxworks/

+ Reply to Thread