Solution for Dining Philosopers Problem - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Solution for Dining Philosopers Problem - VxWorks ; Hi, Can anyone tell about the Best solution for Dining Pilosophers Problem. Any link/doc/pdf ? I searched the internet and came across the following Not Dijkstra's Solution Chandy / Misra Solution But, they have stated that they themselves are not ...

  1. Solution for Dining Philosopers Problem

    Hi,
    Can anyone tell about the Best solution for Dining Pilosophers
    Problem.
    Any link/doc/pdf ?

    I searched the internet and came across the following
    Not Dijkstra's Solution
    Chandy / Misra Solution

    But, they have stated that they themselves are not the final Correct
    Solution for the Dining Philosophers Problem.
    So, which is the best solution.

    Thx in advans,
    Karthik Balaguru

  2. Re: Solution for Dining Philosopers Problem

    karthikbalaguru wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Can anyone tell about the Best solution for Dining Pilosophers
    > Problem.
    > Any link/doc/pdf ?
    >
    > I searched the internet and came across the following
    > Not Dijkstra's Solution
    > Chandy / Misra Solution
    >
    > But, they have stated that they themselves are not the final Correct
    > Solution for the Dining Philosophers Problem.
    > So, which is the best solution.
    >
    > Thx in advans,
    > Karthik Balaguru

    Not sure exactly what you are looking for but how about

    http://cedric.cnam.fr/PUBLIS/RC1004.pdf

    Not exactly a vxWorks only solution but at least the Ada one should run
    fine under vxWorks.

  3. Re: Solution for Dining Philosopers Problem

    Good call Jeffrey, and actually a quite interesting paper.

+ Reply to Thread