Using more than one END devs simultaneously(VxWorks6.3) - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Using more than one END devs simultaneously(VxWorks6.3) - VxWorks ; Hi, I am using VxWorks6.3 and my target system has more than one END devices. I can able to use them individually by keeping others down. It is not possible for me to up more than one device at a ...

  1. Using more than one END devs simultaneously(VxWorks6.3)

    Hi,

    I am using VxWorks6.3 and my target system has more than one END
    devices.
    I can able to use them individually by keeping others down.
    It is not possible for me to up more than one device at a time & use
    them simultaneously.

    I did the same in VxWorks5.x and its working fine. Whether Vx6.3
    restricts to only one device or any other component to included to
    support multiple devices.

    Can any one help me on how to resolve this issue..

    - Giri.

  2. Re: Using more than one END devs simultaneously(VxWorks6.3)

    On Aug 25, 3:38 pm, girishankar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using VxWorks6.3 and my target system has more than one END
    > devices.
    > I can able to use them individually by keeping others down.
    > It is not possible for me to up more than one device at a time & use
    > them simultaneously.
    >
    > I did the same in VxWorks5.x and its working fine. Whether Vx6.3
    > restricts to only one device or any other component to included to
    > support multiple devices.
    >
    > Can any one help me on how to resolve this issue..
    >
    > - Giri.

    As the problem posted by Giri, We have partially solved this issue. We
    have two fei end devices on our board. One end device will be active
    during os loading. Another end device is also configured and but it
    does not become active until we execute the following sequence.

    Suppose if i download the VxWorks Image through fei0. I must execute
    following sequence.
    -> configure the fei1 device using ifconfig
    -> ifconfig "fei0 down"
    -> ifconfig "fei1 up"
    -> ifconfig "fei0 up"

    After above sequence only both devices come to active state.

    Any comments or reasons why is this sequence is needed?

    --Sadashiv

    --

  3. Re: Using more than one END devs simultaneously(VxWorks6.3)

    On Aug 28, 9:21 am, Sadashiv wrote:
    > On Aug 25, 3:38 pm, girishankar wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I am using VxWorks6.3 and my target system has more than one END
    > > devices.
    > > I can able to use them individually by keeping others down.
    > > It is not possible for me to up more than one device at a time & use
    > > them simultaneously.

    > > I did the same in VxWorks5.x and its working fine. Whether Vx6.3
    > > restricts to only one device or any other component to included to
    > > support multiple devices.

    > > Can any one help me on how to resolve this issue..

    > > - Giri.

    > As the problem posted by Giri, We have partially solved this issue. We
    > have two fei end devices on our board. One end device will be active
    > during os loading. Another end device is also configured and but it
    > does not become active until we execute the following sequence.
    >
    > Suppose if i download the VxWorks Image through fei0. I must execute
    > following sequence.
    > -> configure the fei1 device using ifconfig
    > -> ifconfig "fei0 down"
    > -> ifconfig "fei1 up"
    > -> ifconfig "fei0 up"
    >
    > After above sequence only both devices come to active state.
    >
    > Any comments or reasons why is this sequence is needed?
    >
    > --Sadashiv
    >
    > --

    You willl have to
    a) increase the value of IP_MAX_UNITS
    b) do ipAttach(), ifMaskSet() & ifAddrSet() for the interface

    Hope this helps.

    - Vijay Peshkar

  4. Re: Using more than one END devs simultaneously(VxWorks6.3)

    On Sep 2, 1:14 pm, vijay.pesh...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Aug 28, 9:21 am, Sadashiv wrote:
    >

    > > On Aug 25, 3:38 pm, girishankar wrote:

    > > > Hi,

    > > > I am using VxWorks6.3 and my target system has more than one END
    > > > devices.
    > > > I can able to use them individually by keeping others down.
    > > > It is not possible for me to up more than one device at a time & use
    > > > them simultaneously.

    > > > I did the same in VxWorks5.x and its working fine. Whether Vx6.3
    > > > restricts to only one device or any other component to included to
    > > > support multiple devices.

    > > > Can any one help me on how to resolve this issue..

    > > > - Giri.

    > > As the problem posted by Giri, We have partially solved this issue. We
    > > have two fei end devices on our board. One end device will be active
    > > during os loading. Another end device is also configured and but it
    > > does not become active until we execute the following sequence.

    > > Suppose if i download the VxWorks Image through fei0. I must execute
    > > following sequence.
    > > -> configure the fei1 device using ifconfig
    > > -> ifconfig "fei0 down"
    > > -> ifconfig "fei1 up"
    > > -> ifconfig "fei0 up"

    > > After above sequence only both devices come to active state.

    > > Any comments or reasons why is this sequence is needed?

    > > --Sadashiv

    > > --

    > You willl have to
    > a) increase the value of IP_MAX_UNITS
    > b) do ipAttach(), ifMaskSet() & ifAddrSet() for the interface
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > - Vijay Peshkar- Hide quoted text -

    ================================

    Hi Vijay,

    I have tried all those things, but i can't able to attach a new END
    dev when another one is in active state.
    I did that by :
    * downing END dev which is currently active
    * up required END dev
    * up first END dev.
    I believe that it is not a permanent solution. kindly help me in this
    issue further.

    - Giri Shankar

  5. Re: Using more than one END devs simultaneously(VxWorks6.3)

    On Sep 8, 11:40 am, girishankar wrote:
    > On Sep 2, 1:14 pm, vijay.pesh...@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > As the problem posted by Giri, We have partially solved this issue. We
    > > > have two fei end devices on our board. One end device will be active
    > > > during os loading. Another end device is also configured and but it
    > > > does not become active until we execute the following sequence.

    > > > Suppose if i download the VxWorks Image through fei0. I must execute
    > > > following sequence.
    > > > -> configure the fei1 device using ifconfig
    > > > -> ifconfig "fei0 down"
    > > > -> ifconfig "fei1 up"
    > > > -> ifconfig "fei0 up"

    > > > After above sequence only both devices come to active state.

    > > > Any comments or reasons why is this sequence is needed?

    > > > --Sadashiv

    > > > --

    > > You willl have to
    > > a) increase the value of IP_MAX_UNITS
    > > b) do ipAttach(), ifMaskSet() & ifAddrSet() for the interface

    > > Hope this helps.

    > > - Vijay Peshkar- Hide quoted text -

    > ================================
    >
    > Hi Vijay,
    >
    > I have tried all those things, but i can't able to attach a new END
    > dev when another one is in active state.
    > I did that by :
    > * downing END dev which is currently active
    > * up required END dev
    > * up first END dev.
    > I believe that it is not a permanent solution. kindly help me in this
    > issue further.
    >
    > - Giri Shankar

    Have you added another entry in endDevTbl in configNet.h?

+ Reply to Thread