In VxWorks6.3, how to ping a secondary END device from Host.. - VxWorks

This is a discussion on In VxWorks6.3, how to ping a secondary END device from Host.. - VxWorks ; Hi, I have two END devices in my target system. Both devices are working fine and I can able to download using both devices. Only one END device will be attached and used, while booting through the same. Now after ...

  1. In VxWorks6.3, how to ping a secondary END device from Host..

    Hi,

    I have two END devices in my target system. Both devices are working
    fine and I can able to download using both devices. Only one END
    device will be attached and used, while booting through the same.

    Now after attaching first device, I can able to attach the second
    device, but I can't use it for any other purpose.

    It is possible to attach & use any device in VxWorks5.x using,
    ifMaskSet() and ifAddrSet().
    I used the same in VxWorks6.3, but not able to ping second device
    (first device unplugged) with my host.
    Ping() is returing error, and sometimes giving Kernel error as
    follows:
    KER ERR: 'Host IP Address' is attached with fei0, but fei1 received
    message from 'Host MAC Address'.

    Can any one help to solve this problem and idea about how to use more
    than one device at a time.

    Thanks in advance.
    - Giri.

  2. Re: In VxWorks6.3, how to ping a secondary END device from Host..

    On Aug 25, 9:56 am, girishankar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have two END devices in my target system. Both devices are working
    > fine and I can able to download using both devices. Only one END
    > device will be attached and used, while booting through the same.
    >
    > Now after attaching first device, I can able to attach the second
    > device, but I can't use it for any other purpose.
    >
    > It is possible to attach & use any device in VxWorks5.x using,
    > ifMaskSet() and ifAddrSet().
    > I used the same in VxWorks6.3, but not able to ping second device
    > (first device unplugged) with my host.
    > Ping() is returing error, and sometimes giving Kernel error as
    > follows:
    > KER ERR: 'Host IP Address' is attached with fei0, but fei1 received
    > message from 'Host MAC Address'.
    >
    > Can any one help to solve this problem and idea about how to use more
    > than one device at a time.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > - Giri.

    Now I can able to bringup all devs individually & able to ping.

    - Giri.

+ Reply to Thread