Download config file from Host to target board - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Download config file from Host to target board - VxWorks ; Dear all, What I want to do: Download ntp.conf file which is on my host (PC) to the target board (ML405) What I have: WindRiver Workbench 2.6 ==================== I was trying to run ntpd under vxworks. So first, I download ...

  1. Download config file from Host to target board

    Dear all,

    What I want to do:
    Download ntp.conf file which is on my host (PC) to the target board
    (ML405)

    What I have:
    WindRiver Workbench 2.6

    ====================
    I was trying to run ntpd under vxworks. So first, I download ntpd from
    host to target by typing "ld < ntpd" at the i-host shell terminal.
    Then I did "sp(ntpd, "-c", "ntp.conf"). But it kept giving me error, I
    think the reason is because my ntp.conf isn't on the target, it's on
    my host. So now, what I wnat to know is how to download ntp.conf to my
    target. Thank you very much in advance.

  2. Re: Download config file from Host to target board

    On Aug 23, 5:55 pm, Aggie wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > What I want to do:
    > Download ntp.conf file which is on my host (PC) to the target board
    > (ML405)
    >
    > What I have:
    > WindRiver Workbench 2.6
    >
    > ====================
    > I was trying to run ntpd under vxworks. So first, I download ntpd from
    > host to target by typing "ld < ntpd" at the i-host shell terminal.
    > Then I did "sp(ntpd, "-c", "ntp.conf"). But it kept giving me error, I
    > think the reason is because my ntp.conf isn't on the target, it's on
    > my host. So now, what I wnat to know is how to download ntp.conf to my
    > target. Thank you very much in advance.

    Since you're using Workbench 2.6, I assume you're using vxWorks 6.4 or
    6.5.
    This is a perfect use for the romFs feature.
    Basically, you build a vxWorks ROMFS project and populate it with
    file(s) you need on the target.
    Make this project a sub-project of your kernel (VIP) project.
    When your target comes up, it will have already instantiated a memory
    based, read-only file system named "/romfs".
    Consult Workbench help for configuring your kernel for ROMFS support,
    creating the romfs project, and working with reference projects.

    HTH
    GV

+ Reply to Thread