Query regarding Thread's - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Query regarding Thread's - VxWorks ; Hai everyOne: I am new to vxworks.In my aplication intially i am creating 20 threads(for separate functions) . The threads after finishing their particular work its gets suspended by calling taskSuspend and i resuming the suspended threads when i required ...

  1. Query regarding Thread's

    Hai everyOne:
    I am new to vxworks.In my aplication intially i am creating 20
    threads(for separate functions) . The threads after finishing their
    particular work its gets suspended by calling taskSuspend and i
    resuming the suspended threads when i required the same work has to be
    carried out.

    i thought it will be better instead of creating the same thread again
    and again ?, i am creating once and using it all the time.one master
    thread is used to monitor the threads and resume it.
    is this correct way ?.Any problem behind it?

    Can anyone give me some suggestions.

  2. Re: Query regarding Thread's

    This is a general multi-threaded programming question, not
    specifically a vxworks question. you are more likely to get an answer
    in another forum, maybe a general language forum.

  3. Re: Query regarding Thread's

    On Aug 23, 1:46 pm, senthil wrote:
    > Hai everyOne:
    > I am new to vxworks.In my aplication intially i am creating 20
    > threads(for separate functions) . The threads after finishing their
    > particular work its gets suspended by calling taskSuspend and i
    > resuming the suspended threads when i required the same work has to be
    > carried out.
    >
    > i thought it will be better instead of creating the same thread again
    > and again ?, i am creating once and using it all the time.one master
    > thread is used to monitor the threads and resume it.
    > is this correct way ?.Any problem behind it?
    >
    > Can anyone give me some suggestions.

    Seems overly complex. Can't each task just wait for a mesasge to do
    something, so it, then wait for the next message? You could create
    and destroy threads, but I'm not sure what the point would be.

    Good luck,

    lc

+ Reply to Thread