VME interrupt error - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VME interrupt error - VxWorks ; I am using a Curtis-Wright -183 board. I have a problem where if I enable any VME interrupt (using sysIntEnable() with any argument 1-7), then I get the following error repeatedly. interrupt: interrupt error bit is set, disregarding interrupt vector ...

  1. VME interrupt error

    I am using a Curtis-Wright -183 board.

    I have a problem where if I enable any VME interrupt (using
    sysIntEnable() with any argument 1-7), then I get the following error
    repeatedly.

    interrupt: interrupt error bit is set, disregarding interrupt vector
    0x100

    That error loops until I reset the board

    Anyone have any suggestions, seen a similar problem, etc?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: VME interrupt error

    I use the following in my test code to setup interrupt... (on 181
    board)

    #define MY_INTERRUPT_VECTOR 0x40

    /*setup interrupt service routing*/

    sysIntDisable(5);

    if((ret_val =
    intConnect((VOIDFUNCPTR*)INUM_TO_IVEC(MY_INTERRUPT _VECTOR),
    (VOIDFUNCPTR)interruptHandler, 0)) == ERROR)

    logMsg(" INTCONNECT FAILED \n",0,0,0,0,0,0);

    sysIntEnable(5);

    read up on what minumum value MY_INTERRUPT_VECTOR can be. (there are
    values you should not use)

    Pat

  3. Re: VME interrupt error

    On Aug 23, 12:18 pm, ouellette.patr...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I use the following in my test code to setup interrupt... (on 181
    > board)
    >
    > #define MY_INTERRUPT_VECTOR 0x40
    >
    > /*setup interrupt service routing*/
    >
    > sysIntDisable(5);
    >
    > if((ret_val =
    > intConnect((VOIDFUNCPTR*)INUM_TO_IVEC(MY_INTERRUPT _VECTOR),
    > (VOIDFUNCPTR)interruptHandler, 0)) == ERROR)
    >
    > logMsg(" INTCONNECT FAILED \n",0,0,0,0,0,0);
    >
    > sysIntEnable(5);
    >
    > read up on what minumum value MY_INTERRUPT_VECTOR can be. (there are
    > values you should not use)
    >
    > Pat

    You're right, there is a minimum value - for this board I don't
    remember what it is exactly, but it's around 0x80.

    But I've found that this error occurs when I have not loaded any of my
    own interrupt registering, routines, etc. It will occur from a clean
    boot when I simply enter sysIntEnable(x) from the command line, where
    x is 1-7.

+ Reply to Thread