timestamp code - VxWorks

This is a discussion on timestamp code - VxWorks ; Where is the implementation of pentiumTscGet32()???? I can call pentiumTscGet32() just fine inside usrAppInit, but after launching into my C++ application it falls out of scope. I tried an extern declaration of extern UINT32 pentiumTscGet32(void); in the C++ code, but ...

  1. timestamp code

    Where is the implementation of pentiumTscGet32()????

    I can call pentiumTscGet32() just fine inside usrAppInit, but after
    launching into my C++ application it falls out of scope. I tried an
    extern declaration of

    extern UINT32 pentiumTscGet32(void);

    in the C++ code, but it still fails to link, reporting "undefined
    reference".

    I expected to find pentiumTscGet32's implementation somewhere in the
    BSP directory, but didn't. In fact I can't find it anywhere under
    Tornado2.2 directory. That seems very strange, since it is processor
    specific and thereby BSP specific.

    I'm successfully calling sysTimestampLock() in my C++ application,
    which is letting me measure events very accurately, but I'd prefer to
    call pentiumTscGet32 directly.

    What header file do I include to have "direct access" pentiumTscGet32.

  2. Re: timestamp code

    Hello gary_dr,

    gary_dr schrieb:
    > Where is the implementation of pentiumTscGet32()????
    >
    > I tried an
    > extern declaration of
    >
    > extern UINT32 pentiumTscGet32(void);

    Try to wrap the extern declaration by a:

    extern "C"
    {
    extern UINT32 pentiumTscGet32(void);
    }