about vxworks ftp boot - VxWorks

This is a discussion on about vxworks ftp boot - VxWorks ; Now I am caught in a problem during ftp boot: target boot line: boot device : End unit number : 0 processor number : 0 host name : host file name : vxWorks inet on ethernet (e) : 198.87.0.11 host ...

  1. about vxworks ftp boot

    Now I am caught in a problem during ftp boot:

    target boot line:
    boot device : End
    unit number : 0
    processor number : 0
    host name : host
    file name : vxWorks
    inet on ethernet (e) : 198.87.0.11
    host inet (h) : 198.87.0.10
    gateway inet (g) : 198.87.0.1
    user (u) : xx
    ftp password (pw) : xx
    flags (f) : 0x0
    target name (tn) : s3c2410

    Attached TCP/IP interface to sng0.
    Warning: no netmask specified.
    Attaching network interface lo0... done.

    WFTP log Infomation:
    Connection accepted from 198.87.0.11
    Command "USER xx" received
    PASSword accepted
    User xx logged in
    Command "TYPE I"received
    TYPE set to I N
    Command "PASV"received
    Entering Passive Mode[198.87.0.10,12,64]
    Command "RETR vxWorks"received
    RETRieve start on file vxWorks
    Transfer aborted
    Got file ....\vxWorks unsuccessfully
    Socket error 10054 while sengding data
    QUIT or close -user sbcarm7 logged out

    Who can give me a hint about such kind of problem, thanks

  2. Re: about vxworks ftp boot

    On Aug 9, 6:50 am, tianda...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Now I am caught in a problem during ftp boot:
    >
    > target boot line:
    > boot device : End
    > unit number : 0
    > processor number : 0
    > host name : host
    > file name : vxWorks
    > inet on ethernet (e) : 198.87.0.11
    > host inet (h) : 198.87.0.10
    > gateway inet (g) : 198.87.0.1
    > user (u) : xx
    > ftp password (pw) : xx
    > flags (f) : 0x0
    > target name (tn) : s3c2410
    >
    > Attached TCP/IP interface to sng0.
    > Warning: no netmask specified.
    > Attaching network interface lo0... done.
    >
    > WFTP log Infomation:
    > Connection accepted from 198.87.0.11
    > Command "USER xx" received
    > PASSword accepted
    > User xx logged in
    > Command "TYPE I"received
    > TYPE set to I N
    > Command "PASV"received
    > Entering Passive Mode[198.87.0.10,12,64]
    > Command "RETR vxWorks"received
    > RETRieve start on file vxWorks
    > Transfer aborted
    > Got file ....\vxWorks unsuccessfully
    > Socket error 10054 while sengding data
    > QUIT or close -user sbcarm7 logged out
    >
    > Who can give me a hint about such kind of problem, thanks

    The probelm may be in setting subnet mask address. Try to set,

    inet on ethernet (e) : 198.87.0.11:FFFFFF00
    host inet (h) : 198.87.0.10
    gateway inet (g) :

    And also 'vxWorks' file is present in specified path and not
    corrupted.

    Now boot vxWorks image in your system.

    Regards,
    Giri.

  3. Re: about vxworks ftp boot

    > Hi,
    >
    > The probelm may be in setting subnet mask address. Try to set,
    >
    > inet on ethernet (e) : 198.87.0.11:FFFFFF00
    > host inet (h) : 198.87.0.10
    > gateway inet (g) :
    >
    > And also 'vxWorks' file is present in specified path and not
    > corrupted.
    >
    > Now boot vxWorks image in your system.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Giri.- -
    >
    > - -

    Hi!,3x for you reply. Subnet address was set ffff0000 in fact. since I
    got a similar record from the web, and paste here , the record is not
    really mine, but nearly the same to mine. and the vxworks file is
    exactly in the specified path, and the image can be downloaded via
    serial port and run. I have ever seen someone else asking similar
    question, but no accurate explanation. 3X for Giri again!

+ Reply to Thread