unresolved symbol - VxWorks

This is a discussion on unresolved symbol - VxWorks ; Dear All, I have been working on porting NTP to VxWorks. When I load the ntpd to the target, it gives me a list of unresolved symbols. Here's the list: SetLastError, getpagesize, sys_nerr, adjtime, pipe, wait, fork, sys_errlist, getaddrinfo, cannonicalize_file_name, ...

  1. unresolved symbol

    Dear All,
    I have been working on porting NTP to VxWorks. When I load the ntpd to
    the target, it gives me a list of unresolved symbols. Here's the list:
    SetLastError, getpagesize, sys_nerr, adjtime, pipe, wait, fork,
    sys_errlist, getaddrinfo, cannonicalize_file_name, _exit.

    The list was longer when I first start, I managed to get rid off some
    item on the list by making some modification on the kernel
    configuration. But now I'm stuck, no matter how I changed the kernel,
    I couldn't reduce the list any further. I realize that fork() and
    wait() are implemented in vxworks. Have anyone done a similar project
    before? how did you workaround it? and adjime().

    Thank you very much in advance.

  2. Re: unresolved symbol

    On Aug 6, 2:13 pm, Aggie wrote:
    > Dear All,
    > I have been working on porting NTP to VxWorks. When I load the ntpd to
    > the target, it gives me a list of unresolved symbols. Here's the list:
    > SetLastError, getpagesize, sys_nerr, adjtime, pipe, wait, fork,
    > sys_errlist, getaddrinfo, cannonicalize_file_name, _exit.

    pipe, wait, _exit and fork are unimplemented in VxWorks (they are
    process centric functions). You'll need to rewrite the functionality
    to use tasks instead of processes/threads.

    VxWorks doesn't use virtual memory, so getpagesize is will never be
    implemented.

    SetLastError is a Windows function. Check out errno for similar
    functionality.

    getaddrinfo's functionality can probably be ported to VxWorks easily,
    but it doesn't exist.

    > The list was longer when I first start, I managed to get rid off some
    > item on the list by making some modification on the kernel
    > configuration. But now I'm stuck, no matter how I changed the kernel,
    > I couldn't reduce the list any further. I realize that fork() and
    > wait() are implemented in vxworks. Have anyone done a similar project
    > before? how did you workaround it? and adjime().
    >
    > Thank you very much in advance.

    Check out this page: http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp...s/vxworks.html

    Looks like someone might have already done this..

    - Matt

+ Reply to Thread