boot loader hangs after loading image? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on boot loader hangs after loading image? - VxWorks ; Hello, It seems boot loader hangs after loading the image. Here is a logging message from the console. ============================= .... boot device : motfec unit number : 0 processor number : 0 host name : host file name : vxWorks ...

  1. boot loader hangs after loading image?

    Hello,

    It seems boot loader hangs after loading the image. Here is a logging
    message from the console.
    =============================
    boot device : motfec
    unit number : 0
    processor number : 0
    host name : host
    file name : vxWorks
    inet on ethernet (e) : 192.168.0.109:ffffff00
    host inet (h) : 192.168.0.102
    user (u) : target
    ftp password (pw) : target
    flags (f) : 0x0
    target name (tn) : target

    Attaching interface lo0... done
    Attached IPv4 interface to motfec unit 0
    =============================

    It prints the text section size and does NOT print the data section
    size. It stops here and nothing happens.
    I can ping target board from the host at this time.
    And 'wftpd' prints:
    Socket error 10054 while sending data

    I'm a beginner for the vxWorks (6.1) and have no ICE.
    Could someone help me? How I can debug/solve this problem?

    Thanks,
    namsh

  2. Re: boot loader hangs after loading image?

    Hi

    Did you check the network cable line? If you don't use hub, it must
    be a cross cable not direct cable.

    Check the ftp setting and the image type which is proper to
    downloadable.

    cheol

  3. Re: boot loader hangs after loading image?

    On Jul 24, 7:44 am, SungHyun Nam wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > It seems boot loader hangs after loading the image. Here is a logging
    > message from the console.
    > =============================
    > boot device : motfec
    > unit number : 0
    > processor number : 0
    > host name : host
    > file name : vxWorks
    > inet on ethernet (e) : 192.168.0.109:ffffff00
    > host inet (h) : 192.168.0.102
    > user (u) : target
    > ftp password (pw) : target
    > flags (f) : 0x0
    > target name (tn) : target
    >
    > Attaching interface lo0... done
    > Attached IPv4 interface to motfec unit 0
    > =============================
    >
    > It prints the text section size and does NOT print the data section
    > size. It stops here and nothing happens.
    > I can ping target board from the host at this time.
    > And 'wftpd' prints:
    > Socket error 10054 while sending data
    >
    > I'm a beginner for the vxWorks (6.1) and have no ICE.
    > Could someone help me? How I can debug/solve this problem?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > namsh

    It may be of any one of the following problems:
    1. Check whether all Vx6.x mandatory components are included in
    config.h
    2. verify sysHwInit() and sysHwInit2() functions and verify hardware
    configuration settings.
    3. Try to create a vxworks image using from Vx Shell (not use
    Workbench or any other GUI) and download this image.

    Try above things and u can find the root problem.

    Regards,
    Giri.

  4. Re: boot loader hangs after loading image?

    Hello,

    Thanks for those who reply to help me!

    Because I've got some private email who has the same problem, and want
    me help them if I found a solution...

    I was busy for other work and now I finally find what caused the problem.

    The problem was "rx overrun" in motfec driver. It occured only for long
    packet so short ping packet was succeeded. Because I used 100M line, I
    just changed it to 10M line and the problem gone. I will not try to use
    100M, 10M is sufficient to test.

    PS) I removed those private emails, so that I cannot reply to them.
    sorry if you read this.

    Regards,
    namsh

    SungHyun Nam wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > It seems boot loader hangs after loading the image. Here is a logging
    > message from the console.
    > =============================
    > boot device : motfec
    > unit number : 0
    > processor number : 0
    > host name : host
    > file name : vxWorks
    > inet on ethernet (e) : 192.168.0.109:ffffff00
    > host inet (h) : 192.168.0.102
    > user (u) : target
    > ftp password (pw) : target
    > flags (f) : 0x0
    > target name (tn) : target
    >
    > Attaching interface lo0... done
    > Attached IPv4 interface to motfec unit 0
    > =============================
    >
    > It prints the text section size and does NOT print the data section
    > size. It stops here and nothing happens.
    > I can ping target board from the host at this time.
    > And 'wftpd' prints:
    > Socket error 10054 while sending data
    >
    > I'm a beginner for the vxWorks (6.1) and have no ICE.
    > Could someone help me? How I can debug/solve this problem?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > namsh

+ Reply to Thread