SMP - VxWorks

This is a discussion on SMP - VxWorks ; Hello group, Simple question, what does VxWork provide to run on SMP architectures and multi-processor boards ? What is the best possible usage of VxWorks on those platforms ? I understand WindRiver will release some new version of VxWorks that ...

  1. SMP

    Hello group,

    Simple question, what does VxWork provide to run on SMP architectures and
    multi-processor boards ?
    What is the best possible usage of VxWorks on those platforms ?
    I understand WindRiver will release some new version of VxWorks that will
    take those architectures into account, however, not knowing when that will
    be, what can be done today ?

    Thanks for you answers,

    Rgds,

    John

  2. Re: SMP

    On Jul 6, 9:27 am, "John Aderseen" wrote:
    > Hello group,
    >
    > Simple question, what does VxWork provide to run on SMP architectures and
    > multi-processor boards ?
    > What is the best possible usage of VxWorks on those platforms ?
    > I understand WindRiver will release some new version of VxWorks that will
    > take those architectures into account, however, not knowing when that will
    > be, what can be done today ?
    >
    > Thanks for you answers,
    >
    > Rgds,
    >
    > John

    I am not sure what can be done today, but SMP support will be in
    vxWorks 6.6 witch is slated to be released later this year.

    Joe

+ Reply to Thread