problems loading on Pentium M (915GM chipset) - VxWorks

This is a discussion on problems loading on Pentium M (915GM chipset) - VxWorks ; First off, I'm working with VxWorks 6.5 and Wind River Workbench 2.6.1 Evaluation version. Since there doesn't seem to be a BSP specifically for the Pentium M, I've been trying the BSPs for Pentium 1 through 4. I've currently settled ...

  1. problems loading on Pentium M (915GM chipset)

    First off, I'm working with VxWorks 6.5 and Wind River Workbench 2.6.1
    Evaluation version. Since there doesn't seem to be a BSP specifically
    for the Pentium M, I've been trying the BSPs for Pentium 1 through 4.
    I've currently settled on the Pentium 3 BSP, which is what the
    bootloader floppy mentioned in this post is based on.

    I'm trying to get a general idea of the compatibility of VxWorks with
    a specific line of laptops. The target laptop is running a 2.0GHz
    Pentium M processor and the Intel 915GM chipset. I've created the
    bootloader floppy, but I can't get past the "V1.6+++++++++" etc.
    Nothing else shows up on the serial port or the target laptop's
    monitor.

    To make things a little more interesting, I tried the exact same
    bootloader floppy out on an older version of this laptop running a
    Pentium M processor but with the 855 chipset, and it successfully
    booted to the prompt. On a slightly less relevant note, the same
    bootloader floppy also successfully boots an even older version of
    this laptop that runs on a Pentium III and the 815 chipset.

    Once it gets to the "V1.6+++++++++++" screen, the computer appears to
    freeze since keys like NumLock no longer respond. As I mentioned,
    this floppy is based on the Pentium 3 BSP, but I've tried Pentium,
    Pentium II, Pentium III, and Pentium IV BSPs with no luck.

    Any suggestions?

  2. Re: problems loading on Pentium M (915GM chipset)

    On Jun 30, 3:57 am, karatesno...@gmail.com wrote:
    > First off, I'm working with VxWorks 6.5 and Wind River Workbench 2.6.1
    > Evaluation version. Since there doesn't seem to be a BSP specifically
    > for the Pentium M, I've been trying the BSPs for Pentium 1 through 4.
    > I've currently settled on the Pentium 3 BSP, which is what the
    > bootloader floppy mentioned in this post is based on.
    >
    > I'm trying to get a general idea of the compatibility of VxWorks with
    > a specific line of laptops. The target laptop is running a 2.0GHz
    > Pentium M processor and the Intel 915GM chipset. I've created the
    > bootloader floppy, but I can't get past the "V1.6+++++++++" etc.
    > Nothing else shows up on the serial port or the target laptop's
    > monitor.
    >
    > To make things a little more interesting, I tried the exact same
    > bootloader floppy out on an older version of this laptop running a
    > Pentium M processor but with the 855 chipset, and it successfully
    > booted to the prompt. On a slightly less relevant note, the same
    > bootloader floppy also successfully boots an even older version of
    > this laptop that runs on a Pentium III and the 815 chipset.
    >
    > Once it gets to the "V1.6+++++++++++" screen, the computer appears to
    > freeze since keys like NumLock no longer respond. As I mentioned,
    > this floppy is based on the Pentium 3 BSP, but I've tried Pentium,
    > Pentium II, Pentium III, and Pentium IV BSPs with no luck.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    I've got the same problem using vxworks 5.5 , tornado 2.2 ,
    "#define INCLUDE_PC_CONSOLE" in config.h doesn't work for me either.

  3. Re: problems loading on Pentium M (915GM chipset)

    karatesnoopy@gmail.com 写道:
    > First off, I'm working with VxWorks 6.5 and Wind River Workbench 2.6.1
    > Evaluation version. Since there doesn't seem to be a BSP specifically
    > for the Pentium M, I've been trying the BSPs for Pentium 1 through 4.
    > I've currently settled on the Pentium 3 BSP, which is what the
    > bootloader floppy mentioned in this post is based on.
    >
    > I'm trying to get a general idea of the compatibility of VxWorks with
    > a specific line of laptops. The target laptop is running a 2.0GHz
    > Pentium M processor and the Intel 915GM chipset. I've created the
    > bootloader floppy, but I can't get past the "V1.6+++++++++" etc.
    > Nothing else shows up on the serial port or the target laptop's
    > monitor.
    >
    > To make things a little more interesting, I tried the exact same
    > bootloader floppy out on an older version of this laptop running a
    > Pentium M processor but with the 855 chipset, and it successfully
    > booted to the prompt. On a slightly less relevant note, the same
    > bootloader floppy also successfully boots an even older version of
    > this laptop that runs on a Pentium III and the 815 chipset.
    >
    > Once it gets to the "V1.6+++++++++++" screen, the computer appears to
    > freeze since keys like NumLock no longer respond. As I mentioned,
    > this floppy is based on the Pentium 3 BSP, but I've tried Pentium,
    > Pentium II, Pentium III, and Pentium IV BSPs with no luck.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Ok ,I also copy vxWork.st to floppy .It works !

+ Reply to Thread