How to run RTP project - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to run RTP project - VxWorks ; How to run RTPs project in workbench. I am unable to spawn a RTPs task in work bench. Please find the following code. int main (void) { int rTP; printf("AA - Hai\n"); const char * argv[] = {"D:/Project/LLTD/workspace/RealTimeProcess/ SIMPENTIUMdiab_RTP_DEBUG/RealTimeProcess.vxe", NULL}; ...

  1. How to run RTP project

    {
    int rTP;
    printf("AA - Hai\n");
    const char * argv[] = {"D:/Project/LLTD/workspace/RealTimeProcess/
    SIMPENTIUMdiab_RTP_DEBUG/RealTimeProcess.vxe", NULL};
    const char * envp[] =
    {"HEAP_INITIAL_SIZE=0x20000","HEAP_MAX_SIZE=0x100000",NULL};
    rTP = (int) rtpSpawn (argv[0], argv, envp, 100, 0x10000, 0, 0);
    if (rTP == -1)
    {
    printf ("RTP task not Spawned \nAll the best for next trail\n");
    }
    return 0;
    }

    RealTimeProcess.vxe is already created and stored "D:/Project/LLTD/
    workspace/RealTimeProcess/SIMPENTIUMdiab_RTP_DEBUG".

    Please guide me in this.
    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Meganathan.

  2. Re: How to run RTP project

    What RTP components do you have included in your kernel?

    On Jun 27, 7:14 am, s.p.meganat...@gmail.com wrote:
    > How to run RTPs project in workbench. I am unable to spawn a RTPs task
    > in work bench.
    >
    > Please find the following code.
    >
    > int main (void)
    > {
    > int rTP;
    > printf("AA - Hai\n");
    > const char * argv[] = {"D:/Project/LLTD/workspace/RealTimeProcess/
    > SIMPENTIUMdiab_RTP_DEBUG/RealTimeProcess.vxe", NULL};
    > const char * envp[] =
    > {"HEAP_INITIAL_SIZE=0x20000","HEAP_MAX_SIZE=0x100000",NULL};
    > rTP = (int) rtpSpawn (argv[0], argv, envp, 100, 0x10000, 0, 0);
    > if (rTP == -1)
    > {
    > printf ("RTP task not Spawned \nAll the best for next trail\n");
    > }
    > return 0;
    >
    > }
    >
    > RealTimeProcess.vxe is already created and stored "D:/Project/LLTD/
    > workspace/RealTimeProcess/SIMPENTIUMdiab_RTP_DEBUG".
    >
    > Please guide me in this.
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Meganathan.

  3. Re: How to run RTP project

    On Jun 27, 7:14 am, s.p.meganat...@gmail.com wrote:
    > How to run RTPs project in workbench. I am unable to spawn a RTPs task
    > in work bench.
    >
    > Please find the following code.
    >
    > int main (void)
    > {
    > int rTP;
    > printf("AA - Hai\n");
    > const char * argv[] = {"D:/Project/LLTD/workspace/RealTimeProcess/
    > SIMPENTIUMdiab_RTP_DEBUG/RealTimeProcess.vxe", NULL};
    > const char * envp[] =
    > {"HEAP_INITIAL_SIZE=0x20000","HEAP_MAX_SIZE=0x100000",NULL};
    > rTP = (int) rtpSpawn (argv[0], argv, envp, 100, 0x10000, 0, 0);
    > if (rTP == -1)
    > {
    > printf ("RTP task not Spawned \nAll the best for next trail\n");
    > }
    > return 0;
    >
    > }
    >
    > RealTimeProcess.vxe is already created and stored "D:/Project/LLTD/
    > workspace/RealTimeProcess/SIMPENTIUMdiab_RTP_DEBUG".
    >
    > Please guide me in this.
    > Thanks in advance.

    Create a VIP that supports RTPs -- add the RTP bundle in the kernel
    configurator.
    Create an RTP project -- make sure you select the build spec that
    matches your target/VIP.
    To verify this procedure, it's probably easiest to create one of the
    example RTP projects, like hello world or philosophers.
    Make sure your target is running the newly created VIP.
    Connect a target server to the target.
    Right click on the RTP project in the project navigator view and slide
    down the context menu to 'Run RTP on Target'.
    In the 'Run' dialog, select the active target server connection, fill
    in the rest of the dialog as it applies to your RTP, and click the Run
    button.
    To debug an RTP, do all same stuff except choose 'Debug RTP on Target'
    in the context menu.
    Workbench will load the RTP and break into the debugger at the first
    executable line of code in main.
    There are other (less simple) ways to launch RTPs -- from the target
    shell, from kernel or even RTP code, etc.
    All this in the very nice help facility that comes with Workbench --
    you should look at it.

    HTH,
    GV

+ Reply to Thread