BSP Porting for Processor - VxWorks

This is a discussion on BSP Porting for Processor - VxWorks ; Hi friends, I want to port to VxWorks BSP to X86 Processor. I have the reference BSP. What are things, I have to read from the Processor data sheet and what are steps, I have to follow? Please send me ...

  1. BSP Porting for Processor

    Hi friends,
    I want to port to VxWorks BSP to X86 Processor. I have the
    reference BSP. What are things, I have to read from the Processor
    data sheet and what are steps, I have to follow?

    Please send me some link or give some ideas to do this.

    -Thanks
    K.Ananth

  2. Re: BSP Porting for Processor

    On Jun 24, 7:00 pm, ananthk...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi friends,
    > I want to port to VxWorks BSP to X86 Processor. I have the
    > reference BSP. What are things, I have to read from the Processor
    > data sheet and what are steps, I have to follow?
    >
    > Please send me some link or give some ideas to do this.
    >
    > -Thanks
    > K.Ananth

    Your querry is generic statement. Find out

    1. Which Version of Windriver VxWorks that you are using(find out x86
    Processor that you are using is supported in that VxWorks Version),
    2. What is the reference BSP that you are following(Architecture...).
    3. Whether X86 processor/SBC is generic/customised.(If generic with
    little change in x86 BSP provided by windriver shall be used).

    Answer yourself these questions. Surelly you may come out of the
    things. And Refer BSP Development Kit Porgrammer' guide provided by
    Windriver.

    Good luck
    -
    Sadashiv