Boot Disk Problem - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Boot Disk Problem - VxWorks ; Hi VxWorks experts, I am working in X86 Architecture. I want to create the boot floppy. I am using Tornado2.2/VxWorks 5.5 and host machine is Windows XP. I am using mkboot.bat to create the boot disk. But it is not ...

  1. Boot Disk Problem

    Hi VxWorks experts,
    I am working in X86 Architecture. I want to create the boot
    floppy. I am using Tornado2.2/VxWorks 5.5 and host machine is Windows
    XP.

    I am using mkboot.bat to create the boot disk. But it is not
    booting. It prints VX1.6+++++++++++++++++. I formatted the floppy in
    Windows XP ( by COMMAND.COM).

    In this group mails, they told that Vxsys.com needs FAT16. So
    Whether I have to format the floppy in Pure DOS.

    Whether I am missing any steps.

    Please give some tips to solve this.

    -Thanks
    C.Premnath

  2. Re: Boot Disk Problem

    If this is just the monitor output, I think it is fine. Notice that
    after the "...++++" outputs on the monitor stop, you will get all the
    following outputs only on the serial interface, not on the monitor
    output any more.
    Therefore, you have to connect the serial interface of the target
    computer with your host using a null-modem cable to observe the
    further boot process.

    PS: Formatting in WinXP should be fine, I did the same.

    regards,
    Christian

  3. Re: Boot Disk Problem

    Hi Christian,
    Thank you and sorry for late reply.

    I have connected the serial port.But still I am getting same
    output.

    -Thanks
    C.Premnath

  4. Re: Boot Disk Problem

    prem.chakaravarthy@gmail.com 写道:
    > Hi Christian,
    > Thank you and sorry for late reply.
    >
    > I have connected the serial port.But still I am getting same
    > output.
    >

    > -Thanks
    > C.Premnath

    1)Leave "DEFAULT_BOOT_LINE" macro definition in "configh.h" as default
    value ,
    this make bootrom load vxworks image from floppy disk.
    2)Change "#undef INCLUDE_PC_CONSOLE " to "#define INCLUDE_PC_CONSOLE",
    so message can be print out on the screen.
    3)after bootdisk is made using mkroot, copy vxwork.st to bootdisk.
    Now try again.Good Luck!

+ Reply to Thread