does VxWorks save settings ? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on does VxWorks save settings ? - VxWorks ; Hi all, do you if VxWorks save the "net route" (the things displayed when typing the routeShow command) somewhere ? I modify them, and when I reboot, it is not modified. :-\...

  1. does VxWorks save settings ?

    Hi all,
    do you if VxWorks save the "net route" (the things displayed when
    typing the routeShow command) somewhere ?
    I modify them, and when I reboot, it is not modified.
    :-\

  2. Re: does VxWorks save settings ?

    julien.monat@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > do you if VxWorks save the "net route" (the things displayed when
    > typing the routeShow command) somewhere ?
    > I modify them, and when I reboot, it is not modified.
    > :-\

    I think you have your answer ...For a more complete answer, vxworks
    does save the data...It just saves it in RAM.

    vxWorks is not a desktop OS. It is a fairly deeply embedded (originally
    very lightweight) OS. If you need routes saved, you need to build the
    calls into your image or save and restore them from a data storage that
    you manage on your own...

  3. Re: does VxWorks save settings ?

    On 22 juin, 23:10, Jeffrey Creem wrote:
    > julien.mo...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > > do you if VxWorks save the "net route" (the things displayed when
    > > typing the routeShow command) somewhere ?
    > > I modify them, and when I reboot, it is not modified.
    > > :-\

    > I think you have your answer ...For a more complete answer, vxworks
    > does save the data...It just saves it in RAM.
    >
    > vxWorks is not a desktop OS. It is a fairly deeply embedded (originally
    > very lightweight) OS. If you need routes saved, you need to build the
    > calls into your image or save and restore them from a data storage that
    > you manage on your own...

    thx for the answer,
    my VxWorks "distrib" saves settings at the end of the Flash, typically
    the boot line parameters.
    Your're right, this is not a VxWorks feature.

+ Reply to Thread