Compiler Flags for Boot ROM - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Compiler Flags for Boot ROM - VxWorks ; Hi friends, I want to add one compiler flag in my BSP compilation. In Tornado 2.2, Where I have to add this flag. In Project utility, Build tag has default compile type. In the properties of default, we can change ...

  1. Compiler Flags for Boot ROM

    Hi friends,
    I want to add one compiler flag in my BSP compilation. In Tornado
    2.2, Where I have to add this flag.

    In Project utility, Build tag has default compile type. In the
    properties of default, we can change the Compiler and linker options
    for VxWorks Image.

    For Boot ROM, where I have to add this?

    -Thanks
    K.Ananth

  2. Re: Compiler Flags for Boot ROM

    On 19 Jun, 18:05, ananthk...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi friends,
    > I want to add one compiler flag in my BSP compilation. In Tornado
    > 2.2, Where I have to add this flag.
    >
    > In Project utility, Build tag has default compile type. In the
    > properties of default, we can change the Compiler and linker options
    > for VxWorks Image.
    >
    > For Boot ROM, where I have to add this?
    >
    > -Thanks
    > K.Ananth

    Hi,

    build the bootrom from the command line, and the add a compiler flag
    like this (in this case I am adding -g for debug)

    make bootrom.bin ADDED_CFLAGS=-g

    HTH

    Ed

    Ed Liversidge
    Director
    Harmonic Software Systems Ltd
    www.harmonicss.co.uk

  3. Re: Compiler Flags for Boot ROM

    Ed wrote:

    >On 19 Jun, 18:05, ananthk...@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Hi friends,
    >> I want to add one compiler flag in my BSP compilation. In Tornado
    >> 2.2, Where I have to add this flag.
    >>
    >> In Project utility, Build tag has default compile type. In the
    >> properties of default, we can change the Compiler and linker options
    >> for VxWorks Image.
    >>
    >> For Boot ROM, where I have to add this?

    >Hi,
    >
    >build the bootrom from the command line, and the add a compiler flag
    >like this (in this case I am adding -g for debug)
    >
    >make bootrom.bin ADDED_CFLAGS=-g

    There is no reason one cannot add this macro to the makefile and be able
    to build the boot ROM from either Tornado or a command line.

    >HTH

    Me, too!