I was wondering if anyone had success measuring interrupt latency
using timers in VxWorks on either a Intel x86 or PowerPC board. If so
it would be wonderful if you could share it with me. I tried using
auxiliary clock interrupt to measure this using sysTimestamp drivers
and sys clock as timing sources, but was unsuccessful with it. I am
aware that it is possible to get an accurate measurement using
oscilloscope or logical analyzer but I would prefer a more automated
way of measuring interrupt latency using timers.

Also to be more specific here, by interrupt latency what I mean here
is the time between the interrupt signaling to when the C routine
connected to the interrupt service vector starts executing. So
according to this definition it should include the latency due to the
controller as well as the time to execute intEnt (otherwise referred
to as interrupt prologue), which saves the registers and masks the
interrupts.