I have several threads running on a ppc with vxworks 5.5.1.
Periodically the lower priority processes appear to get starved . The
processes stop running (I determine this by looking at output). When
I get information on the processes, theyshow up as READY. If I use
taskSetPriority to raise the priority of the stopped process, it
resumes with no problem. When testing, the problem occurs at
different times. Adding debug statements causes the problem to
disappear. I don't have the source code for the higher priority task,
but I suspect resource contention. A resource that all the process
share is the timer using vxtimebaseget. Is this call thread safe?

Thanks in advance,