undefined reference error in .data segment. - VxWorks

This is a discussion on undefined reference error in .data segment. - VxWorks ; Hello Everyone, I'am getting this strange "undefined reference" error while compiling my project and im trying to understand why it is happening. It would be great if anyone here can help me understand and solve this issue. Basically when im ...

  1. undefined reference error in .data segment.

    Hello Everyone,

    I'am getting this strange "undefined reference" error while compiling
    my project and im trying to understand why it is happening. It would
    be great if anyone here can help me understand and solve this issue.

    Basically when im linking my project (to make the vxWorks BSP) im
    getting this below errors..

    vxWorks.tmp(.data+0x1b30c8): undefined reference to
    `OSPF6_GR_CleanGrForIfAddrDelete'
    vxWorks.tmp(.data+0x1d2718): undefined reference to
    `ospf6_lsa_header_more_recent_ack'
    vxWorks.tmp(.data+0x1d84a8): undefined reference to
    `IPBMTVersion_OSPFV3'

    The strange thing for me is that these three functions have been
    deleted in the latest code and are not referenced from anywhere (we've
    checked it many times) but still this error is coming. And another
    strange part is that the error is coming from the .data segment.
    Normally these undefined reference errors coming from the .text
    segment where some part of the code calls a function which is not
    defined in any of the object files.

    Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Saravana

  2. Re: undefined reference error in .data segment.

    saravk78@gmail.com writes:

    > vxWorks.tmp(.data+0x1b30c8): undefined reference to
    > `OSPF6_GR_CleanGrForIfAddrDelete'

    > The strange thing for me is that these three functions have been
    > deleted in the latest code and are not referenced from anywhere (we've
    > checked it many times) but still this error is coming.

    They *are* referenced from somewhere (compiler didn't just invent
    them). To find out where they are referenced from, add
    '-Wl,-yOSPF6_GR_CleanGrForIfAddrDelete' flag to your link line.

    > And another
    > strange part is that the error is coming from the .data segment.

    Probably because there is some global data structure which is
    initialized with pointers to these (no longer existing) functions.

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

+ Reply to Thread