VxWorks as a gateway? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks as a gateway? - VxWorks ; I am building a circuit board with a PowerPC running VxWorks 6.3... The PowerPC has 2 ethernet interfaces. On interface 1 is the outside world. On interface 2 is a ethernet switch on a chip with 2 TI DSP chips ...

  1. VxWorks as a gateway?

    I am building a circuit board with a PowerPC running VxWorks 6.3...
    The PowerPC has 2 ethernet interfaces.
    On interface 1 is the outside world.
    On interface 2 is a ethernet switch on a chip with 2 TI DSP chips
    hanging off it.

    I was planning on hardcoding the DSP chips IP addresses to
    192.168.1.101 and 102.

    I was planning on setting the PPC up as a router so we could get to
    the DSP's from the outside (telnet, debug, etc).

    I'd appreciate any feedback on... Is this practical? The best way?
    How do we configure the VxWorks to do the router/gateway function?
    What address would we use to access the DSPs from the outside?

    thanks,
    Brad

  2. Re: VxWorks as a gateway?

    bclarkso@harris.com wrote:

    >I am building a circuit board with a PowerPC running VxWorks 6.3...
    >The PowerPC has 2 ethernet interfaces.
    >On interface 1 is the outside world.
    >On interface 2 is a ethernet switch on a chip with 2 TI DSP chips
    >hanging off it.
    >
    >I was planning on hardcoding the DSP chips IP addresses to
    >192.168.1.101 and 102.
    >
    >I was planning on setting the PPC up as a router so we could get to
    >the DSP's from the outside (telnet, debug, etc).
    >
    >I'd appreciate any feedback on... Is this practical? The best way?
    >How do we configure the VxWorks to do the router/gateway function?
    >What address would we use to access the DSPs from the outside?

    I don't have any 6.x experience, but in version 5.x one does this sort
    of thing using API's in the routeLib library as described in section
    4.7.1 of the Network Programmer's Guide.

    >thanks,

    HTH