Kernel Compilation - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Kernel Compilation - VxWorks ; Hi, I have working VxWorks BSP for my board. I want to build the VxWorks kernel image. What I have to do? and what are the necessary components (for minimal image), I should select? If you have any link, regarding ...

  1. Kernel Compilation

    Hi,
    I have working VxWorks BSP for my board. I want to build the
    VxWorks kernel image. What I have to do? and what are the necessary
    components (for minimal image), I should select?

    If you have any link, regarding component selection and component
    details, please send it to me.

    -Thanks
    K.Ananth

  2. Re: Kernel Compilation

    ananthk.12@gmail.com wrote:

    >Hi,
    > I have working VxWorks BSP for my board. I want to build the
    >VxWorks kernel image. What I have to do?

    Unless you have a source license the VxWorks kernel is supplied to you
    only as binary libraries and you therefore do not want or need to build
    it. What you probably want to do instead is build a "bootable VxWorks
    image". This is accomplished in Tornado by creating a bootable VxWork
    image project, confiuring it as required, and compiling it.

    > and what are the necessary
    >components (for minimal image), I should select?

    This is a very difficult question to answer directly. VxWorks is very
    highly configurable and the components one includes depend entirely on
    systems' missions.

    > If you have any link, regarding component selection and component
    >details, please send it to me.

    The Wind River documentation is the pretty much the only source of the
    information you seek. The Tornado User's Guide is the place to start.

    >-Thanks

    HTH