Who create the "BLK_DEV" ??? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Who create the "BLK_DEV" ??? - VxWorks ; Recently , I have a work that test the speed of accessing disk on a PC. Now , I have can see the " /ata0a" in the shell by typing "devs", so , the dirver of IDE must has been ...

  1. Who create the "BLK_DEV" ???

    Recently , I have a work that test the speed of accessing disk on a
    PC.

    Now , I have can see the " /ata0a" in the shell by typing "devs",
    so , the dirver of IDE must has been established.
    Then , after reading the "help" of tornado, I think, I have to
    make a file system on the disk first, so , I must got a "BLK_DEV",
    because it is the "in" parameter of many funtions of building file
    system. I think the " /ata0a" must be the fundmental of accessing
    the disk. But I can't got the way(maybe it is a function I guess) to
    make a relation between " /ata0a" and "BLK_DEV"------ I can't get a
    "BLK_DEV",.

    Do I missunderstand the concept , Can any body give me a hand?
    Thanks

  2. Re: Who create the "BLK_DEV" ???

    I think I have got the way -------ataDevCreate.

    It is very strange that the Tornado's Help documents doesn't contain
    this function's explaintion. The Help missed a document------VxWorks
    Reference Manual 5.x Edition x--Libraries&Subroutines.

    On 5月30日, 下午4时32分, "heartof...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > Recently , I have a work that test the speed of accessing disk on a
    > PC.
    >
    > Now , I have can see the "/ata0a" in the shell by typing "devs",
    > so , the dirver of IDE must has been established.
    > Then , after reading the "help" of tornado, I think, I have to
    > make a file system on the disk first, so , I must got a "BLK_DEV",
    > because it is the "in" parameter of many funtions of building file
    > system. I think the "/ata0a" must be the fundmental of accessing
    > the disk. But I can't got the way(maybe it is a function I guess) to
    > make a relation between "/ata0a" and "BLK_DEV"------ I can't get a
    > "BLK_DEV",.
    >
    > Do I missunderstand the concept , Can any body give me a hand?
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread