VxWorks BSP Support - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks BSP Support - VxWorks ; Hi, Has anyone ported the VxWorks 6.x BSP to AMD Turion 64*2 Dual core processor. In AMD Site, they did not tell about VxWorks Support. -Thanks N.Bala...

  1. VxWorks BSP Support

    Hi,
    Has anyone ported the VxWorks 6.x BSP to AMD Turion 64*2 Dual core
    processor. In AMD Site, they did not tell about VxWorks Support.

    -Thanks
    N.Bala

  2. Re: VxWorks BSP Support

    npbalajiirtt@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Has anyone ported the VxWorks 6.x BSP to AMD Turion 64*2 Dual core
    > processor. In AMD Site, they did not tell about VxWorks Support.
    >
    > -Thanks
    > N.Bala

    Hmm...Well. BSPs typically target boards and you are taking about a
    processor...And not a system on a chip processor...so the question is
    off to a slightly bad start.

    a) If the question is does one of the standard "PC" evaluation BSPs that
    wind river provides with vxWorks 6.X work if all other motherboard
    hardware is supported by the BSP then the answer is that it will
    probably work just fine.

    b) if the question is will vxWorks then start using the second core once
    you do that, then the answer is no.

    c) If the question is do the standard vxWorks "PC" BSPs have any dual
    core capability that would at least allow you to run essentially two
    copies of vxWorks (one per core) then I think the answer is also no.

    I would guess that your question was b or c and so I will guess the
    answer is no...Having said that, keep checking with wind river as they
    have multi-core support on the roadmap and so perhaps if you make the .x
    in 6.x be big enough (at least > .4) , the answer to all of the
    questions will be yes.

+ Reply to Thread