Relative Path to BSP in Tornado? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Relative Path to BSP in Tornado? - VxWorks ; Tornado 2.2, VxWorks 5.5 We have a custom BSP that's under configuration control. We would like to ensure that Tornado projects that use this BSP are not tied to absolute paths. Right now, when we use this BSP, our Tornado ...

  1. Relative Path to BSP in Tornado?

    Tornado 2.2, VxWorks 5.5

    We have a custom BSP that's under configuration control.

    We would like to ensure that Tornado projects that use this BSP are not
    tied to absolute paths. Right now, when we use this BSP, our Tornado
    wpj files as well as the generated Makefiles have
    C:/absolute/path/to/BSP/directory in them.

    I'd like to have this be a relative path, i.e.

    .../../relative/path/to/BSP.

    Is there a way to specify a relative path to the BSP when creating the
    project? Or to change it once the project is created?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Relative Path to BSP in Tornado?

    red floyd escribió:
    > Tornado 2.2, VxWorks 5.5
    >
    > We have a custom BSP that's under configuration control.
    >
    > We would like to ensure that Tornado projects that use this BSP are not
    > tied to absolute paths. Right now, when we use this BSP, our Tornado
    > wpj files as well as the generated Makefiles have
    > C:/absolute/path/to/BSP/directory in them.
    >
    > I'd like to have this be a relative path, i.e.
    >
    > ../../relative/path/to/BSP.
    >
    > Is there a way to specify a relative path to the BSP when creating the
    > project? Or to change it once the project is created?

    I tried something similar some years ago (with Tornado 2.0) and gave up.
    I always ended editing wpj files by hand, not a good solution.

    One partial solution is to place the BSP in whatever directory you
    choose, for instance:

    C:\absolute_path_to_BSPs\your_BSP_directory

    Then go to a DOS box and type:

    subst X: C:\absolute_path_to_BSPs

    And, when creating the project, use:

    X:\your_BSP_directory

    In this way, your wpj and makefile files will contain
    X:\your_BSP_directory, but you can use another "real" location by using
    a different subst command, like:

    subst X: D:\another_drive_and_path

    Of course, I'm supposing you are using Windows as host OS...

+ Reply to Thread