SATA HDD support - VxWorks

This is a discussion on SATA HDD support - VxWorks ; Hi, I have been asked to provide a BSP for our card that gives SATA HDD support. The card is an x86 using the intel 855 chipset and a PC BIOS. I have noticed on the Windriver site that there ...

  1. SATA HDD support

    Hi, I have been asked to provide a BSP for our card that gives SATA
    HDD support. The card is an x86 using the intel 855 chipset and a PC
    BIOS. I have noticed on the Windriver site that there is a BSP for an
    intel core 2 duo reference board that provides AHCI SATA support for a
    6.4 BSP. Does anyone know how this is accomplished? I am currently
    waiting for my 6.4 upgrade and can't find anything about SATA in my
    6.3 workbench. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

    Thanks,
    Matt

  2. Re: SATA HDD support

    On May 22, 3:06 pm, gmattyo...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi, I have been asked to provide a BSP for our card that gives SATA
    > HDD support. The card is an x86 using the intel 855 chipset and a PC
    > BIOS. I have noticed on the Windriver site that there is a BSP for an
    > intel core 2 duo reference board that provides AHCI SATA support for a
    > 6.4 BSP. Does anyone know how this is accomplished? I am currently
    > waiting for my 6.4 upgrade and can't find anything about SATA in my
    > 6.3 workbench. Any help would be greatly apreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Matt

    Matt,

    Although I cannot answer your specific question, there is a little bit
    of information I can pass on that might just help. In the BIOS of some
    boards the SATA can be set to pretend to be a PATA drive. Using this
    translation and using the hard drive as PATA might help you to get
    going with your 6.3.

    Regards
    Gavin Nottage
    Harmonic Software Systems
    gavin DOT nottage AT harmonicss DOT co DOT uk

+ Reply to Thread