SD Card interface on vxworks - VxWorks

This is a discussion on SD Card interface on vxworks - VxWorks ; Hello, I am developing a driver for SPI for SD Card interface on Vxworks. As SD Card supports FAT file system, i want to use the same. I have no idea how to go ahaid with the implementation. Can anyone ...

  1. SD Card interface on vxworks

    Hello,
    I am developing a driver for SPI for SD Card interface on Vxworks.
    As SD Card supports FAT file system, i want to use the same.
    I have no idea how to go ahaid with the implementation. Can anyone
    please tell me how the architecture will be, means which are all the
    layers will come into picture and how each one of them is connected to
    the other.
    I am assuming there will be three layers, uppermost will be FAT file
    system layer, next will be SD Card driver layer and lower most will be
    the SPI driver layer, but am not sure about this. And even if it is
    correct i dont know how to go ahaid with it.

    Can anyway please guide me for the same.

    Thanks

    prasad

  2. Re: SD Card interface on vxworks

    On May 15, 1:14 am, prasad wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am developing a driver for SPI for SD Card interface on Vxworks.
    > As SD Card supports FAT file system, i want to use the same.
    > I have no idea how to go ahaid with the implementation. Can anyone
    > please tell me how the architecture will be, means which are all the
    > layers will come into picture and how each one of them is connected to
    > the other.
    > I am assuming there will be three layers, uppermost will be FAT file
    > system layer, next will be SD Card driver layer and lower most will be
    > the SPI driver layer, but am not sure about this. And even if it is
    > correct i dont know how to go ahaid with it.
    >
    > Can anyway please guide me for the same.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > prasad

    Ya you are right.,You have to write a block device.In the block device
    structure you have to implement the SPI protocol for read,write,ioctl
    calls of device driver.Also you have to give block size (generally
    512),sector size etc.

    After getting your block device structure,Use xbd device
    wrapper(xbdBlkDevCreateSync),It will generally mount your device as
    dosfs if your file system monitor is on.If device is not created use
    dosFsVolCreate.

    use dosFsDevDelete to delete the device file (e.g. /bd0) from file
    system.

    use vxworks 5.5 documentation for block device structure and 6.x for
    xbd and dosfs.

  3. Re: SD Card interface on vxworks

    Hi,

    Thanks Nabendu for your help, those suggestions really helped in
    understanding of different layers involved and how to go about it.

    Now i am able to develop the SPI and SD Card driver layer. One more
    problem still remains ie interfacing with VxWorks. As Nabendu
    suggested xbd device wrapper(ebdBldDevCreateSync), will mount the
    device. But i have a problem, we are using vxworks 5.5. In this am not
    able to find the API xbdBldDevCreateSync(i think this is supported
    only by 6.x versions of vxworks).

    So in short can anyone guide me in using of file system and
    implementing it on SD Card and mounting the same on Vxworks 5.5.

    Thanks

    Prasad

+ Reply to Thread