Hello,

I have a board with the MPC 866 processor, two ethernet interface eth0
(10/100) and eth1 (10 base T) and VxWorks 5.5.
I need to implement a fault-tolerant ethernet network using the
redundancy of the ethernet interfaces.
I would use the eth0 as main interface and use the other interface
eth1 only if eth0 has a fault.
When eth0 will became available again it will be selected as main
newly.
At the moment i'm not interest to use both ethernet intefaces at the
same time in order to improve the bandwidth.

How does anybody implement this form of redundancy? Are there any
existing libraries (supplied by Wind River or third parties) that
implement the redundancy at ethernet level?

Any suggestion is appreciate.

Lorenzo