Cannot start target server with Error: Simulator Failed to initialize before timeout - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Cannot start target server with Error: Simulator Failed to initialize before timeout - VxWorks ; Hi everybody, I run Tornado 2.2.1/Vxworks 5.5.1 on windows XP SP2 paltform, after i start customer build VxSim successfully and then start target server, i get following error: tgtsvr (vxsim@CV0007306N1): Thu May 10 21:44:11 2007 Checking License ...OK Connecting to ...

  1. Cannot start target server with Error: Simulator Failed to initialize before timeout

    Hi everybody,

    I run Tornado 2.2.1/Vxworks 5.5.1 on windows XP SP2 paltform, after i
    start customer build VxSim successfully and then start target server,
    i get following error:

    tgtsvr (vxsim@CV0007306N1): Thu May 10 21:44:11 2007
    Checking License ...OK
    Connecting to target agent...
    Error: rpccore backend client Timed out failed.
    Connecting to target agent...
    tgtsvr (vxsim@CV0007306N1): Thu May 10 21:44:21 2007
    Error: rpccore backend client Timed out failed.

    On Windows 2000 platform use same procedure can start target server
    successfully.

    I have searched web for this problem, someone said this is caused by
    Microsoft Hotfix KB917422, but after i remove this patch but still do
    not working.

    And somebody said this problem is due to WinXP August Security
    Updates, but i cannot find detailed information.

    Does anybody encounter same problem and how to solve it?

    Mao

  2. Re: Cannot start target server with Error: Simulator Failed to initialize before timeout

    On 5月11日, 上午8时42分, Amao.Wen...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > I run Tornado 2.2.1/Vxworks 5.5.1 on windows XP SP2 paltform, after i
    > start customer build VxSim successfully and then start target server,
    > i get following error:
    >
    > tgtsvr (vxsim@CV0007306N1): Thu May 10 21:44:11 2007
    > Checking License ...OK
    > Connecting to target agent...
    > Error: rpccore backend client Timed out failed.
    > Connecting to target agent...
    > tgtsvr (vxsim@CV0007306N1): Thu May 10 21:44:21 2007
    > Error: rpccore backend client Timed out failed.
    >
    > On Windows 2000 platform use same procedure can start target server
    > successfully.
    >
    > I have searched web for this problem, someone said this is caused by
    > Microsoft Hotfix KB917422, but after i remove this patch but still do
    > not working.
    >
    > And somebody said this problem is due to WinXP August Security
    > Updates, but i cannot find detailed information.
    >
    > Does anybody encounter same problem and how to solve it?
    >
    > Mao

    I have the same problem. And I have spent the whole night to check
    windows security updates
    one by one (tens of updates!!!).
    I find KB931768 also prevents target server from starting.

    Now I become to establish debug environments using vmware
    workstation.
    And unfortunately, it makes me trouble too.

+ Reply to Thread