Getting around wrenv.exe - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Getting around wrenv.exe - VxWorks ; Hi there, I'm starting to muck around with Vx6.4, having used 5.5/Tornado the past couple of years. I'm trying to move over to a command-line-based build/work environment using Cygwin running on XP. Thing is, I don't really like wrenv.exe, because ...

  1. Getting around wrenv.exe

    Hi there,

    I'm starting to muck around with Vx6.4, having used 5.5/Tornado the
    past couple of years. I'm trying to move over to a command-line-based
    build/work environment using Cygwin running on XP. Thing is, I don't
    really like wrenv.exe, because it forces you to use the Windows XP
    Command Shell (which sucks, of course), and I want to use bash/Cygwin.
    Even if you launch wrenv.sh from Cygwin, this just starts up wrenv.exe
    which acts like an XP shell.

    I've tried adding all the same environment variables to my .profile
    that are added by wrenv.exe in order to "emulate" wrenv.exe in bash,
    but I'm obviously missing some extra magic because when I try to "make
    bootrom" or whatever, I error out a lot earlier (No rules to make
    target ..... h/make/rules.bsp. Stop.) than if I'm using wrenv.exe.
    I've had a look at install.properties but it didn't help me. I do
    realise that Z shell is included with the WindRiver Windows tools, but
    I'd like to stick with bash and Cygwin if possible.

    Any other ideas?

    Cheers,
    Ben.

  2. Re: Getting around wrenv.exe

    Never mind... I got it working eventually. Had some path stuff messed
    up.

+ Reply to Thread