PLX9054 Device Open - VxWorks

This is a discussion on PLX9054 Device Open - VxWorks ; Hi All, I am developing plx9054 driver and was looking at the Linux SDK that came with driver. I was at a point to do device open, the linux version of the driver does something like : sprintf(DriverName, DRIVER_PATH "%s", ...

  1. PLX9054 Device Open

    Hi All,
    I am developing plx9054 driver and was looking at the Linux SDK that
    came with driver. I was at a point to do device open, the linux
    version of the driver does something like :
    sprintf(DriverName, DRIVER_PATH "%s", pDevice->SerialNumber);

    *pHandle = (HANDLE)open(DriverName, O_RDWR, 0666);

    Translating this in vxworks requires DRIVER_PATH similar to "/dev/plx"
    in linux, I wanted to find out what would be the corresponding path in
    vxworks. I checked my devs command it does not list anything related
    to plx9054. I use pciFindDevice to get the presence of the PLX card.
    Is there any other way to do the device open?

  2. Re: PLX9054 Device Open

    On Apr 29, 1:54 pm, vkin...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I am developing plx9054 driver and was looking at the Linux SDK that
    > came with driver. I was at a point to do device open, the linux
    > version of the driver does something like :
    > sprintf(DriverName, DRIVER_PATH "%s", pDevice->SerialNumber);
    >
    > *pHandle = (HANDLE)open(DriverName, O_RDWR, 0666);
    >
    > Translating this in vxworks requires DRIVER_PATH similar to "/dev/plx"
    > in linux, I wanted to find out what would be the corresponding path in
    > vxworks. I checked my devs command it does not list anything related
    > to plx9054. I use pciFindDevice to get the presence of the PLX card.
    > Is there any other way to do the device open?

    VxWorks isn't the same in its POSIX compliance as Linux, so there's no
    dev created automatically.

    The OS will need to call an "init" function to initialise the card to
    VxWorks and create a devs entry before you will be able to use it. If
    you are able to, read any related documentation or similar driver
    source to help understand how it all works.

    Regards
    Gavin

    Harmonic Software Systems Ltd
    gavin DOT nottage AT harmonicss DOT co DOT uk
    http://www.harmonicss.co.uk

  3. Re: PLX9054 Device Open

    On Apr 30, 4:24 am, Harmonic Software Systems
    wrote:
    > On Apr 29, 1:54 pm, vkin...@hotmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,
    > > I am developing plx9054 driver and was looking at the Linux SDK that
    > > came with driver. I was at a point to do device open, the linux
    > > version of the driver does something like :
    > > sprintf(DriverName, DRIVER_PATH "%s", pDevice->SerialNumber);

    > > *pHandle = (HANDLE)open(DriverName, O_RDWR, 0666);

    > > Translating this in vxworks requires DRIVER_PATH similar to "/dev/plx"
    > > in linux, I wanted to find out what would be the corresponding path in
    > > vxworks. I checked my devs command it does not list anything related
    > > to plx9054. I use pciFindDevice to get the presence of the PLX card.
    > > Is there any other way to do the device open?

    > VxWorks isn't the same in its POSIX compliance as Linux, so there's no
    > dev created automatically.
    >
    > The OS will need to call an "init" function to initialise the card to
    > VxWorks and create a devs entry before you will be able to use it. If
    > you are able to, read any related documentation or similar driver
    > source to help understand how it all works.
    >
    > Regards
    > Gavin
    >
    > Harmonic Software Systems Ltd
    > gavin DOT nottage AT harmonicss DOT co DOT ukhttp://www.harmonicss.co.uk

    Hi Gavin,
    I haven't been able to open the device yet, I am making a call to
    PlxPciDeviceOpen from the library and my open function with the driver
    name returns with error, I have done MMU mapping, setup the interrupts
    and then form the drivername and try to open it but it comes back with
    the error. I still don't see the entry for my driver in my devs list
    neither do I see the entry for FEI, I suppose that is hidden. My BAR0
    size is 64bytes and BAR2 size is 2MB. Any pointers what I might be
    doing wrong here.

+ Reply to Thread