about VxWorks 6.4 - VxWorks

This is a discussion on about VxWorks 6.4 - VxWorks ; Does VxWorks 6.4 surport multicore such as SUN SPARC architecture? If yes, how it works. When the system takes a cold reset ( e.g. power on reset ), what does the VxWorks 6.4 do? Is it different from VxWorks 5.5 ...

  1. about VxWorks 6.4

    Does VxWorks 6.4 surport multicore such as SUN SPARC architecture? If
    yes, how it works. When the system takes a cold reset ( e.g. power on
    reset ), what does the VxWorks 6.4 do? Is it different from VxWorks
    5.5 during the booting time?

  2. Re: about VxWorks 6.4

    littlemarie1985@gmail.com wrote:
    > Does VxWorks 6.4 surport multicore such as SUN SPARC architecture? If
    > yes, how it works. When the system takes a cold reset ( e.g. power on
    > reset ), what does the VxWorks 6.4 do? Is it different from VxWorks
    > 5.5 during the booting time?

    No vxWorks versions up to and including vxWorks 6.4 support Symmetric
    multiprocessing (SMP) which is what I assume you mean. Some BSP vendors
    over the years have done things so that a multi-processor SMP board
    could run two concurrent vxWorks images and I suspect a similar approach
    is available for some multicore processors but that is probably not what
    you are after.

    Wind River does have a multi-core initiative and so one can assume they
    are looking to add some SMP features to a near future release.

    As for the second question...It is too vague to answer. Perhaps if you
    indicated why you were asking it someone could provide a useful answer.

+ Reply to Thread