Warm restart - sysToMonitor() code for ARM 926ej - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Warm restart - sysToMonitor() code for ARM 926ej - VxWorks ; Hi all, I am running into trouble trying to warm restart vxworks. I am using vxworks 5.5 on ARM 926ejs processor. The boot loader is customized version of u-boot 1.0.0. I have coded up sysToMonitor() (based on integrator926ej) to look ...

  1. Warm restart - sysToMonitor() code for ARM 926ej

    Hi all,
    I am running into trouble trying to warm restart vxworks. I am using
    vxworks 5.5 on ARM 926ejs processor. The boot loader is customized
    version of u-boot 1.0.0.

    I have coded up sysToMonitor() (based on integrator926ej) to look like
    this:
    STATUS sysToMonitor( int startType )
    {
    FUNCPTR pRom = (FUNCPTR)FLASH_BASE;

    sysSerialReset (); /* put serial devices into quiet state */

    /* lock down any interruptions */
    intLock();
    taskLock();

    vmEnable(FALSE); /* disable the MMU, cache(s) and write-buffer */

    (*pRom)(0); /* jump to boot ROM */
    }
    On Ctrl+X, the pc jumps to u-boot, but the ethernet is down so it
    cannot dhcp the kernel. Essentially it does not work. I also ported
    linux implementation of arm reset to vxworks. But that just freezes
    the board. I have to power cycle it.

    Has anyone implemented this before. Could you please give me
    guidelines as to what needs to be done to 'shutdown' vxworks? Am I
    missing anything here? Should I not be doing anything that I am doing?

    I also have a linux kernel with the linux implementation which works
    fine. So my primary suspicion is in vxworks implementation of warm
    restart.

  2. Re: Warm restart - sysToMonitor() code for ARM 926ej

    On Apr 24, 7:43 am, jjaya...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I am running into trouble trying to warm restart vxworks. I am using
    > vxworks 5.5 on ARM 926ejs processor. The boot loader is customized
    > version of u-boot 1.0.0.
    >
    > I have coded up sysToMonitor() (based on integrator926ej) to look like
    > this:
    > STATUS sysToMonitor( int startType )
    > {
    > FUNCPTR pRom = (FUNCPTR)FLASH_BASE;
    >
    > sysSerialReset (); /* put serial devices into quiet state */
    >
    > /* lock down any interruptions */
    > intLock();
    > taskLock();
    >
    > vmEnable(FALSE); /* disable the MMU, cache(s) and write-buffer */
    >
    > (*pRom)(0); /* jump to boot ROM */}
    >
    > On Ctrl+X, the pc jumps to u-boot, but the ethernet is down so it
    > cannot dhcp the kernel. Essentially it does not work. I also ported
    > linux implementation of arm reset to vxworks. But that just freezes
    > the board. I have to power cycle it.
    >
    > Has anyone implemented this before. Could you please give me
    > guidelines as to what needs to be done to 'shutdown' vxworks? Am I
    > missing anything here? Should I not be doing anything that I am doing?
    >
    > I also have a linux kernel with the linux implementation which works
    > fine. So my primary suspicion is in vxworks implementation of warm
    > restart.

    Try to use the "reboot(BOOT_OPTION)"

+ Reply to Thread