how we can do the porting on mv167? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on how we can do the porting on mv167? - VxWorks ; i am new to vxworks, i wana know how we can port vxworks image into EPROM of the mv167 computer via serial port, and how we can do porting using ftp.plzzzz help me out . i ll be very kind ...

  1. how we can do the porting on mv167?

    i am new to vxworks, i wana know how we can port vxworks image into
    EPROM of the mv167 computer via serial port, and how we can do porting
    using ftp.plzzzz help me out .
    i ll be very kind of you.
    thanks

    ..varun bansal
    embedded s/w engg.
    IICE techonologies Pvt Ltd
    EMail :- contactvarunb@gmail.com
    (+91 9940413670)

  2. Re: how we can do the porting on mv167?

    varun wrote:
    > i am new to vxworks, i wana know how we can port vxworks image into
    > EPROM of the mv167 computer via serial port, and how we can do porting
    > using ftp.plzzzz help me out .
    > i ll be very kind of you.
    > thanks
    >
    > .varun bansal
    > embedded s/w engg.
    > IICE techonologies Pvt Ltd
    > EMail :- contactvarunb@gmail.com
    > (+91 9940413670)

    The mv167 is pretty old and it has been a pretty long time since I
    worked with it, but as I recall, at least the ones I worked on where
    plain old EPROM and not EEPROM and required a UV eraser to overwrite the
    memory followed by programming in a prom burner...

    So, I don't think you can do it. I'd recommend looking for the data
    sheet for the specific EPROMs you have on the board to see if that is true.

  3. Re: how we can do the porting on mv167?

    On Apr 20, 5:09 pm, Jeffrey Creem wrote:
    > varun wrote:
    > > i am new to vxworks, i wana know how we can port vxworks image into
    > > EPROM of the mv167 computer via serial port, and how we can do porting
    > > using ftp.plzzzz help me out .
    > > i ll be very kind of you.
    > > thanks

    > > .varun bansal
    > > embedded s/w engg.
    > > IICE techonologies Pvt Ltd
    > > EMail :- contactvar...@gmail.com
    > > (+91 9940413670)

    > The mv167 is pretty old and it has been a pretty long time since I
    > worked with it, but as I recall, at least the ones I worked on where
    > plain old EPROM and not EEPROM and required a UV eraser to overwrite the
    > memory followed by programming in a prom burner...
    >
    > So, I don't think you can do it. I'd recommend looking for the data
    > sheet for the specific EPROMs you have on the board to see if that is true.

    thank u sir, i hav some more question ,plzzz help me out
    actually i m a job seeker in india,i hav done a course of embedded
    system.

    *sir if our target board has EEPROM , EPROM and ROM then how wud we
    know that where vxworks image is installed (EEPROM,EPROM,or ROM) and
    how we can do ?

    *sir i also want some questions which can be asked in an interview.

    * how many models (like tiny..)are in vxworks?

    i ll be very kind of u?
    and thanks once again sir

    varun bansal
    contactvarunb@gmail.com