can debug bootrom_uncmp at source file with JTAG?based on s3c44b0x board - VxWorks

This is a discussion on can debug bootrom_uncmp at source file with JTAG?based on s3c44b0x board - VxWorks ; hello everyone, I have had seen someone can see source file basedon s3c2410. He modified as the follows:target\h\tool\gnu\defs.arm #CC_OPTIM_DRIVER = -O2 -fno-builtin -fvolatile #CC_OPTIM_NORMAL = -O2 -fno-builtinbbs中 #CC_OPTIM_TARGET = -O2 -fno-builtin -fvolatilebbs7U to CC_OPTIM_DRIVER = -gdwarf -fno-builtin -fvolatile CC_OPTIM_NORMAL = ...

  1. can debug bootrom_uncmp at source file with JTAG?based on s3c44b0x board

    hello everyone,
    I have had seen someone can see source file basedon s3c2410.
    He modified as the follows:target\h\tool\gnu\defs.arm
    #CC_OPTIM_DRIVER = -O2 -fno-builtin -fvolatile
    #CC_OPTIM_NORMAL = -O2 -fno-builtinbbs中
    #CC_OPTIM_TARGET = -O2 -fno-builtin -fvolatilebbs7U

    to CC_OPTIM_DRIVER = -gdwarf -fno-builtin -fvolatile
    CC_OPTIM_NORMAL = -gdwarf -fno-builtin
    CC_OPTIM_TARGET = -gdwarf -fno-builtin -fvolatile

    Now I do as he do,but my program just compute in filllongs() in
    usrinit.c.
    I use JTAG,is anybody can debug at source file with JTAG,could you
    please
    so kind to tell how you do it?
    thanks,
    huangwei

  2. Re: can debug bootrom_uncmp at source file with JTAG?based on s3c44b0x board

    On Apr 18, 1:43 am, "huangtianxia...@163.com"
    wrote:
    > hello everyone,
    > I have had seen someone can see source file basedon s3c2410.
    > He modified as the follows:target\h\tool\gnu\defs.arm
    > #CC_OPTIM_DRIVER = -O2 -fno-builtin -fvolatile
    > #CC_OPTIM_NORMAL = -O2 -fno-builtinbbs中
    > #CC_OPTIM_TARGET = -O2 -fno-builtin -fvolatilebbs7U
    >
    > to CC_OPTIM_DRIVER = -gdwarf -fno-builtin -fvolatile
    > CC_OPTIM_NORMAL = -gdwarf -fno-builtin
    > CC_OPTIM_TARGET = -gdwarf -fno-builtin -fvolatile
    >
    > Now I do as he do,but my program just compute in filllongs() in
    > usrinit.c.
    > I use JTAG,is anybody can debug at source file with JTAG,could you
    > please
    > so kind to tell how you do it?

    I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're asking but I think Wind
    River tech tip 5133 might help -- even if you're not using visionClick
    or Wind River's JTAG hardware.
    The tech note is entitled "Whether and how to do source level
    debugging for the first few files, like romStart() in bootInit.c, in
    vxWorks bootrom, using visionCLICK."
    You can download it from Wind River's web site.
    Keep in mind that the bootrom image only has debug symbols for the
    code that executes out of ROM.
    The tech tip will help you debug up to the point that execution begins
    in RAM.
    I have found that debugging the ROM based code is not often really
    necessary.
    More often, problems are in the RAM based portion of the bootloader.
    Have you tried setting a hardware breakpoint at RAM_HIGH_ADRS (the RAM
    entry point) and just running the ROM booter from the beginning?

    HTH,
    GV

  3. Re: can debug bootrom_uncmp at source file with JTAG?based on s3c44b0x board

    On 4月18日, 下午6时55分, gvarndell wrote:
    > On Apr 18, 1:43 am, "huangtianxia...@163.com"
    >

    > wrote:
    > > hello everyone,
    > > I have had seen someone can see source file basedon s3c2410.
    > > He modified as the follows:target\h\tool\gnu\defs.arm
    > > #CC_OPTIM_DRIVER = -O2 -fno-builtin -fvolatile
    > > #CC_OPTIM_NORMAL = -O2 -fno-builtinbbs中
    > > #CC_OPTIM_TARGET = -O2 -fno-builtin -fvolatilebbs7U

    > > to CC_OPTIM_DRIVER = -gdwarf -fno-builtin -fvolatile
    > > CC_OPTIM_NORMAL = -gdwarf -fno-builtin
    > > CC_OPTIM_TARGET = -gdwarf -fno-builtin -fvolatile

    > > Now I do as he do,but my program just compute in filllongs() in
    > > usrinit.c.
    > > I use JTAG,is anybody can debug at source file with JTAG,could you
    > > please
    > > so kind to tell how you do it?

    > I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're asking but I think Wind
    > River tech tip 5133 might help -- even if you're not using visionClick
    > or Wind River's JTAG hardware.
    > The tech note is entitled "Whether and how to do source level
    > debugging for the first few files, like romStart() in bootInit.c, in
    > vxWorks bootrom, using visionCLICK."
    > You can download it from Wind River's web site.
    > Keep in mind that the bootrom image only has debug symbols for the
    > code that executes out of ROM.
    > The tech tip will help you debug up to the point that execution begins
    > in RAM.
    > I have found that debugging the ROM based code is not often really
    > necessary.
    > More often, problems are in the RAM based portion of the bootloader.
    > Have you tried setting a hardware breakpoint at RAM_HIGH_ADRS (the RAM
    > entry point) and just running the ROM booter from the beginning?
    >
    > HTH,
    > GV- 隐藏被引用文字 -
    >
    > - 显示引用的文字 -

    Thank you very much!
    I will read your suggestions carefully and try it.
    and report the answers.
    any problems I will ask for help.
    After confront with any questions i will ask for help
    Regards,
    huangwei

  4. Re: can debug bootrom_uncmp at source file with JTAG?based on s3c44b0x board

    On 4月18日, 下午6时55分, gvarndell wrote:
    > On Apr 18, 1:43 am, "huangtianxia...@163.com"
    >

    > wrote:
    > > hello everyone,
    > > I have had seen someone can see source file basedon s3c2410.
    > > He modified as the follows:target\h\tool\gnu\defs.arm
    > > #CC_OPTIM_DRIVER = -O2 -fno-builtin -fvolatile
    > > #CC_OPTIM_NORMAL = -O2 -fno-builtinbbs中
    > > #CC_OPTIM_TARGET = -O2 -fno-builtin -fvolatilebbs7U

    > > to CC_OPTIM_DRIVER = -gdwarf -fno-builtin -fvolatile
    > > CC_OPTIM_NORMAL = -gdwarf -fno-builtin
    > > CC_OPTIM_TARGET = -gdwarf -fno-builtin -fvolatile

    > > Now I do as he do,but my program just compute in filllongs() in
    > > usrinit.c.
    > > I use JTAG,is anybody can debug at source file with JTAG,could you
    > > please
    > > so kind to tell how you do it?

    > I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're asking but I think Wind
    > River tech tip 5133 might help -- even if you're not using visionClick
    > or Wind River's JTAG hardware.
    > The tech note is entitled "Whether and how to do source level
    > debugging for the first few files, like romStart() in bootInit.c, in
    > vxWorks bootrom, using visionCLICK."
    > You can download it from Wind River's web site.

    another question ,
    HTH,GV,
    I didn't find the tech tip 5133,at the windriver's web site last
    night,
    Could you please so kind to give me a link?
    Thank you.

    > Keep in mind that the bootrom image only has debug symbols for the
    > code that executes out of ROM.
    > The tech tip will help you debug up to the point that execution begins
    > in RAM.
    > I have found that debugging the ROM based code is not often really
    > necessary.
    > More often, problems are in the RAM based portion of the bootloader.
    > Have you tried setting a hardware breakpoint at RAM_HIGH_ADRS (the RAM
    > entry point) and just running the ROM booter from the beginning?

    Hello everyone,
    My debug IDE is AXD in ADS1.2,after download bootrom_uncmp,
    I set PC at "RAM_HIGH_ADRS",
    the code is as follow:
    [0xea000006] b 0xc500020 ; (_wrs_kernel_text_start + 0x20)
    [0xea00004d] b 0xc500140 ; (_wrs_kernel_text_start + 0x140)
    [0xea000052] b 0xc500158 ; (_wrs_kernel_text_start + 0x158)
    [0xea000057] b 0xc500170 ; (_wrs_kernel_text_start + 0x170)
    [0xea00005c] b 0xc500188 ; (_wrs_kernel_text_start + 0x188)
    [0xea000001] b 0xc500020 ; (_wrs_kernel_text_start + 0x20)
    [0xea000066] b 0xc5001b8 ; (_wrs_kernel_text_start + 0x1b8)
    [0xeaffffff] b 0xc500020 ; (_wrs_kernel_text_start + 0x20)
    I set the rules.bsp as you see.Edit rules.bsp as follows because your
    debugger will need the source
    file.
    Still couldn't see the source file.
    i Use the JTAG,

    Regards,
    huangwei.

    > HTH,
    > GV- 隐藏被引用文字 -
    >
    > - 显示引用的文字 -

  5. Re: can debug bootrom_uncmp at source file with JTAG?based on s3c44b0x board

    On Apr 18, 10:57 pm, "huangtianxia...@163.com"
    wrote:

    > another question ,
    > HTH,GV,
    > I didn't find the tech tip 5133,at the windriver's web site last
    > night,
    > Could you please so kind to give me a link?
    > Thank you.

    Tech tips and apps notes are on Wind River's online support (OLS) web
    site -- not the public site.
    Access to them requires that you have online support entitlement.

    Here is the link to tech tip #5133....

    https://secure.windriver.com/KanisaS...%200%205065688

    If you don't have access to OLS, I can't help you.
    That is, I won't email you the document.

    BTW, HTH means "hope this helps".

    HTH,
    GV

  6. Re: can debug bootrom_uncmp at source file with JTAG?based on s3c44b0x board

    On 4月19日, 下午7时01分, gvarndell wrote:
    > On Apr 18, 10:57 pm, "huangtianxia...@163.com"
    >
    > wrote:
    >
    > > another question ,
    > > HTH,GV,
    > > I didn't find the tech tip 5133,at the windriver's web site last
    > > night,
    > > Could you please so kind to give me a link?
    > > Thank you.

    > Tech tips and apps notes are on Wind River's online support (OLS) web
    > site -- not the public site.
    > Access to them requires that you have online support entitlement.
    >
    > Here is the link to tech tip #5133....
    >
    > https://secure.windriver.com/KanisaS...o?cmd=displayK...
    >
    > If you don't have access to OLS, I can't help you.
    > That is, I won't email you the document.
    >
    > BTW, HTH means "hope this helps".
    >
    > HTH,
    > GV

    Thank you hearted HTH,GV.
    i have register at the windriver web.but
    it didn't give me a license.I'll google first.
    regards,
    huangwei

+ Reply to Thread