how to do with "No rule to make target" - VxWorks

This is a discussion on how to do with "No rule to make target" - VxWorks ; When i want to port a bsp to lpc2210,comes the error make.exe: *** No rule to make target `\bootInit.c', needed by `bootInit_uncmp.o'. Stop. thanks all...

  1. how to do with "No rule to make target"

    When i want to port a bsp to lpc2210,comes the error

    make.exe: *** No rule to make target `\bootInit.c', needed by
    `bootInit_uncmp.o'. Stop.

    thanks all

  2. Re: how to do with "No rule to make target"

    On Apr 18, 8:24 am, huangtianxia...@163.com wrote:
    > When i want to port a bsp to lpc2210,comes the error
    >
    > make.exe: *** No rule to make target `\bootInit.c', needed by
    > `bootInit_uncmp.o'. Stop.
    >
    > thanks all

    Hi,
    This seems to be a path problem to me.Check whether you have
    bootinit.c in proper location and try compiling again.It should work.
    Regards,
    s.subbarayan

  3. Re: how to do with "No rule to make target"

    On 4月18日, 下午12时25分, ssubbarayan wrote:
    > On Apr 18, 8:24 am, huangtianxia...@163.com wrote:
    >
    > > When i want to port a bsp to lpc2210,comes the error

    > > make.exe: *** No rule to make target `\bootInit.c', needed by
    > > `bootInit_uncmp.o'. Stop.

    > > thanks all

    > Hi,
    > This seems to be a path problem to me.Check whether you have
    > bootinit.c in proper location and try compiling again.It should work.
    > Regards,
    > s.subbarayan

    thanks,
    I have modified the makefile which is used on s3c44b0x well, I
    just modified the addresses of RAM and ROM. I have saw gnu
    makefile,but just begin,can't find the problems.
    yours,
    huangwei

  4. Re: how to do with "No rule to make target"

    On Apr 17, 11:24 pm, huangtianxia...@163.com wrote:
    > When i want to port a bsp to lpc2210,comes the error
    >
    > make.exe: *** No rule to make target `\bootInit.c', needed by
    > `bootInit_uncmp.o'. Stop.

    Get familiar with the files in tornado/target/h/make directory.

    rules.bsp is trying to copy bootinit.c to bootinit_uncmp.c.....
    $(CP) $(BOOTINIT) bootInit_uncmp.c

    BOOTINIT is defined in defs.x86-win32 or defs.unix....
    BOOTINIT = $(CONFIG_ALL)\bootInit.c

    In the same file, you'll see....
    CONFIG_ALL = $(TGT_DIR)\config\all

    TGT_DIR is defined in the BSP makefile....
    TGT_DIR=$(WIND_BASE)/target

    WIND_BASE is defined in your environment when torVars.bat is executed.

    HTH,
    GV

  5. Re: how to do with "No rule to make target"

    On Apr 17, 11:24 pm, huangtianxia...@163.com wrote:
    > When i want to port a bsp to lpc2210,comes the error
    >
    > make.exe: *** No rule to make target `\bootInit.c', needed by
    > `bootInit_uncmp.o'. Stop.
    >
    > thanks all

    Oh, I forgot one important point.

    rules.bsp will, by default, delete bootInit_uncmp.c after compiling
    it.
    Edit rules.bsp as follows because your debugger will need the source
    file.

    bootInit_uncmp.o : depend.$(BSP_NAME) $(BOOTINIT) bootInit.o
    - @ $(RM) $@
    $(CP) $(BOOTINIT) bootInit_uncmp.c
    $(CC) $(OPTION_OBJECT_ONLY) $(CFLAGS_PIC) -DUNCOMPRESS
    bootInit_uncmp.c
    # - @ $(RM) bootInit_uncmp.c

    HTH
    GV

  6. Re: how to do with "No rule to make target"

    On 4月18日, 下午7时29分, gvarndell wrote:
    > On Apr 17, 11:24 pm, huangtianxia...@163.com wrote:
    >
    > > When i want to port a bsp to lpc2210,comes the error

    > > make.exe: *** No rule to make target `\bootInit.c', needed by
    > > `bootInit_uncmp.o'. Stop.

    > > thanks all

    > Oh, I forgot one important point.
    >
    > rules.bsp will, by default, delete bootInit_uncmp.c after compiling
    > it.
    > Edit rules.bsp as follows because your debugger will need the source
    > file.
    >
    > bootInit_uncmp.o : depend.$(BSP_NAME) $(BOOTINIT) bootInit.o
    > - @ $(RM) $@
    > $(CP) $(BOOTINIT) bootInit_uncmp.c
    > $(CC) $(OPTION_OBJECT_ONLY) $(CFLAGS_PIC) -DUNCOMPRESS
    > bootInit_uncmp.c
    > # - @ $(RM) bootInit_uncmp.c
    >
    > HTH
    > GV

    Thanks HTH,GV
    Go to practice,
    and report answers.
    Regards,
    huangwei

  7. Re: how to do with "No rule to make target"

    On 4月18日, 下午9时12分, "huangtianxia...@163.com"
    wrote:
    > On 4月18日, 下午7时29分, gvarndell wrote:
    >

    > > On Apr 17, 11:24 pm, huangtianxia...@163.com wrote:

    > > > When i want to port a bsp to lpc2210,comes the error

    > > > make.exe: *** No rule to make target `\bootInit.c', needed by
    > > > `bootInit_uncmp.o'. Stop.

    > > > thanks all

    > > Oh, I forgot one important point.

    > > rules.bsp will, by default, delete bootInit_uncmp.c after compiling
    > > it.
    > > Edit rules.bsp as follows because your debugger will need the source
    > > file.

    > > bootInit_uncmp.o : depend.$(BSP_NAME) $(BOOTINIT) bootInit.o
    > > - @ $(RM) $@
    > > $(CP) $(BOOTINIT) bootInit_uncmp.c
    > > $(CC) $(OPTION_OBJECT_ONLY) $(CFLAGS_PIC) -DUNCOMPRESS
    > > bootInit_uncmp.c
    > > # - @ $(RM) bootInit_uncmp.c

    > > HTH
    > > GV

    > Thanks HTH,GV
    > Go to practice,
    > and report answers.
    > Regards,
    > huangwei- 隐藏被引用文字 -
    >
    > - 显示引用的文字 -

    I am sorry still as above.
    i have asked the same questions at our national forum.
    they point out that delete the "MACH_EXTRE = "
    my makefile is as follows:
    CPU = ARMARCH4
    TOOL = gnu
    EXTRA_DEFINE = -Wcomment -DCPU_7TDMI -DARMMMU=ARMMMU_NONE -
    DARMCACHE=ARMCACHE_KS32C

    TGT_DIR = $(WIND_BASE)/target

    include $(TGT_DIR)/h/make/defs.bsp
    #include $(TGT_DIR)/h/make/make.$(CPU)$(TOOL)
    #include $(TGT_DIR)/h/make/defs.$(WIND_HOST_TYPE)

    DOC_FILES = sysLib sngks32cSio
    #hw added
    CONFIG_ALL = $(TGT_DIR)\config\all2210
    ## Only redefine make definitions below this point, or your
    definitions will
    ## be overwritten by the makefile stubs above.

    TARGET_DIR = bsp2210
    VENDOR = zlg
    BOARD = phliphs

    #
    # The constants ROM_TEXT_ADRS, ROM_SIZE, and RAM_HIGH_ADRS are defined
    # in config.h and Makefile.
    # All definitions for these constants must be identical.
    #
    #hw:01000000-->>80000000
    ROM_TEXT_ADRS = 80000000 # ROM entry address
    #hw:01000004-->>80000004
    ROM_WARM_ADRS = 80000004 # ROM warm entry address
    #hw:00100000-->>00080000
    ROM_SIZE = 00080000 # number of bytes of ROM space
    #hw:00060000-->>81001000
    RAM_LOW_ADRS = 81001000 # RAM text/data address (bootrom)
    #hw:00480000-->>81500000
    RAM_HIGH_ADRS = 81500000 # RAM text/data address (bootrom)

    #MACH_EXTRA = sngks32cEnd.o
    MACH _EXTRA =
    ## Only redefine make definitions above this point, or the expansion
    of
    ## makefile target dependencies may be incorrect.

    include $(TGT_DIR)/h/make/rules.bsp
    #include $(TGT_DIR)/h/make/rules.$(WIND_HOST_TYPE)

+ Reply to Thread