GOTT_BASE Linker Error - VxWorks

This is a discussion on GOTT_BASE Linker Error - VxWorks ; Hi, I'm trying to compile a static library for a RTP. The library compiles correctly, but when I try to link it into the RTP I get the following error: /home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/signal_utils.c:51: undefined reference to `__GOTT_BASE__' /home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/PPC32gnu_RTP_DEBUG/vx_rtp_common.a(signal_utils.sho)(.text+0x1ae):/home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/signal_utils.c:51: undefined reference to `__GOTT_BASE__' ...

  1. GOTT_BASE Linker Error

    Hi,

    I'm trying to compile a static library for a RTP. The library compiles
    correctly, but when I try to link it into the RTP I get the following error:

    /home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/signal_utils.c:51: undefined
    reference to `__GOTT_BASE__'
    /home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/PPC32gnu_RTP_DEBUG/vx_rtp_common.a(signal_utils.sho)(.text+0x1ae):/home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/signal_utils.c:51:
    undefined reference to `__GOTT_BASE__'
    /home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/PPC32gnu_RTP_DEBUG/vx_rtp_common.a(signal_utils.sho)(.text+0x1b2):/home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/signal_utils.c:51:
    undefined reference to `__GOTT_INDEX__'

    Looking through the headers, it seems that GOTT_* variables are used for
    debugging, but even with debugging off I still get this error... has
    anyone else come across this? I'm using VxWorks 6.2/Workbench 2.4, I
    encounter this error with both GNU and Diab. I don't think it's related
    to my program, as a coworker has gotten the same error trying to
    create/link a static library with completely different code.

    Thanks,

    Marc

  2. Re: GOTT_BASE Linker Error

    I hope you have compiled your kernel support enabled with RTP.
    There is a file called as configRTP.mk in which you have to enable the
    Support that you need in RTP and then recompile the kernel.

  3. Re: GOTT_BASE Linker Error

    Hi,

    I also got this when trying to build ACE/TAO. It is a combination of
    incorrect compiler flags. Check the VxWorks programmers manual for how to
    compile your code. Make sure all flags are there.

    Regards,

    Johnny Willemsen

    "mcallen" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to compile a static library for a RTP. The library compiles
    > correctly, but when I try to link it into the RTP I get the following
    > error:
    >
    > /home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/signal_utils.c:51: undefined
    > reference to `__GOTT_BASE__'
    > /home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/PPC32gnu_RTP_DEBUG/vx_rtp_common.a(signal_utils.sho)(.text+0x1ae):/home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/signal_utils.c:51:
    > undefined reference to `__GOTT_BASE__'
    > /home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/PPC32gnu_RTP_DEBUG/vx_rtp_common.a(signal_utils.sho)(.text+0x1b2):/home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/signal_utils.c:51:
    > undefined reference to `__GOTT_INDEX__'
    >
    > Looking through the headers, it seems that GOTT_* variables are used for
    > debugging, but even with debugging off I still get this error... has
    > anyone else come across this? I'm using VxWorks 6.2/Workbench 2.4, I
    > encounter this error with both GNU and Diab. I don't think it's related
    > to my program, as a coworker has gotten the same error trying to
    > create/link a static library with completely different code.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Marc

  4. Re: GOTT_BASE Linker Error

    Do you remember any of the important flags? I've been through the
    Kernel Prog. Guide and the Workbench Guide (I don't have the Application
    Programmer's Manual on hand) and the online docs and I haven't seen
    anything yet that would help, any pointers would be appreciated.

    Johnny Willemsen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I also got this when trying to build ACE/TAO. It is a combination of
    > incorrect compiler flags. Check the VxWorks programmers manual for how to
    > compile your code. Make sure all flags are there.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Johnny Willemsen
    >
    > "mcallen" wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm trying to compile a static library for a RTP. The library compiles
    >> correctly, but when I try to link it into the RTP I get the following
    >> error:
    >>
    >> /home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/signal_utils.c:51: undefined
    >> reference to `__GOTT_BASE__'
    >> /home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/PPC32gnu_RTP_DEBUG/vx_rtp_common.a(signal_utils.sho)(.text+0x1ae):/home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/signal_utils.c:51:
    >> undefined reference to `__GOTT_BASE__'
    >> /home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/PPC32gnu_RTP_DEBUG/vx_rtp_common.a(signal_utils.sho)(.text+0x1b2):/home/mcallen/workspace/vx_rtp_common/signal_utils.c:51:
    >> undefined reference to `__GOTT_INDEX__'
    >>
    >> Looking through the headers, it seems that GOTT_* variables are used for
    >> debugging, but even with debugging off I still get this error... has
    >> anyone else come across this? I'm using VxWorks 6.2/Workbench 2.4, I
    >> encounter this error with both GNU and Diab. I don't think it's related
    >> to my program, as a coworker has gotten the same error trying to
    >> create/link a static library with completely different code.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Marc

+ Reply to Thread