VxWorks system call handling - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks system call handling - VxWorks ; Hi, VxWorks system calls return value is not handled in my system. But as of now it is working fine. Can you please suggest me In which way this will cause problem in operation. Regards, P.Meganathan...

  1. VxWorks system call handling

    Hi,

    VxWorks system calls return value is not handled in my system. But as
    of now it is working fine. Can you please suggest me In which way this
    will cause problem in operation.

    Regards,
    P.Meganathan

  2. Re: VxWorks system call handling

    On Apr 11, 2:25 pm, s.p.meganat...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > VxWorks system calls return value is not handled in my system. But as
    > of now it is working fine. Can you please suggest me In which way this
    > will cause problem in operation.
    >
    > Regards,
    > P.Meganathan

    Hi,
    I guess you would be knowing the answer for this.May be you did not
    state the problem correctly.Incase your system calls fail and you are
    not checking for that,your debugging effort may go up.Also Everything
    seems to work well in software perspective but still you wont get
    expected output.

    Regards,
    s.subbarayan

  3. Re: VxWorks system call handling

    On Apr 12, 9:23 am, "ssubbarayan" wrote:
    > On Apr 11, 2:25 pm, s.p.meganat...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > VxWorks system calls return value is not handled in my system. But as
    > > of now it is working fine. Can you please suggest me In which way this
    > > will cause problem in operation.

    > > Regards,
    > > P.Meganathan

    > Hi,
    > I guess you would be knowing the answer for this.May be you did not
    > state the problem correctly.Incase your system calls fail and you are
    > not checking for that,your debugging effort may go up.Also Everything
    > seems to work well in software perspective but still you wont get
    > expected output.
    >
    > Regards,
    > s.subbarayan

    Hi Subbarayan,

    Thanks for your reply. The product is launched in market and that is
    working fine. As of now we are not doing any debug. In the code we
    didn't handle System call, even though product is working fine.
    My thinging is if taskSpawn() function call return's some error case
    (S_intLib_NOT_ISR_CALLABLE / S_objLib_OBJ_ID_ERROR), even in that
    condition also i have to spawn the task.
    Can you please explain what are all the cause for the above mention
    error case(S_intLib_NOT_ISR_CALLABLE / S_objLib_OBJ_ID_ERROR).

    Regards,
    P.Meganathan

  4. Re: VxWorks system call handling

    Hi,
    The error S_intLib_NOT_ISR_CALLABLE means that you have made a
    blocking call from ISR .Some Functions cannot be called from
    ISR(mainly blocking calls).Look into vxworks manual for list of calls
    that can't be called from ISR.

    The error S_objLib_OBJ_ID_ERROR means you are referring to a object
    that may not exist.This object may be a semaphore or a message queue
    or any other system objects.

    It may seem to work well because the scenerio in which these error
    occurs will not be occuring when the product is in use.

    Regards,
    s.subbarayan

+ Reply to Thread