fopen() takes 75 s if file (system) does not exist - VxWorks

This is a discussion on fopen() takes 75 s if file (system) does not exist - VxWorks ; When I try to call fopen to check if a file exists but there is neither a file nor a file system, the function call takes 75 sec before it returns. Any idea how to call the function with NO ...

  1. fopen() takes 75 s if file (system) does not exist

    When I try to call fopen to check if a file exists but there is neither a
    file nor a file system, the function call takes 75 sec before it returns.
    Any idea how to call the function with NO WAIT?
    Thanks
    Helmut

  2. Re: fopen() takes 75 s if file (system) does not exist

    Helmut Borchers wrote:

    >When I try to call fopen to check if a file exists but there is neither a
    >file nor a file system, the function call takes 75 sec before it returns.
    >Any idea how to call the function with NO WAIT?

    Try using stat() rather than fopen().

    >Thanks

    Yep.