Hi Friends,

The following code is in romstart() function in bootInit.c file:

((FUNCPTR)ROM_OFFSET(copyLongs)) (ROM_TEXT_ADRS, (UINT)romInit,

((UINT)binArrayStart - (UINT)romInit)/ sizeof (long));

((FUNCPTR)ROM_OFFSET(copyLongs))

((UINT *)((UINT)ROM_TEXT_ADRS + ((UINT)BINARRAYEND_ROUNDOFF
-

(UINT)romInit)), (UINT *)BINARRAYEND_ROUNDOFF,

((UINT)wrs_kernel_data_end - (UINT)binArrayEnd) / sizeof
(long));

I have got as the first copy function copies the compressor code
from ROM into RAM.

Can anyone tell me, what second copy function will do? This should
copy the compressed image from ROM to RAM. But I am not able to
understand it.

Is it possible to replace the copyLongs() function with DMA
controller? Has anyone done it?

Please give your ideas about possibility of replacing with DMA
controller. I am trying this.

The version is VxWorks 6.6 and arch is X86.

-Thanks
K.Ananth