ifShow does not show the interface - VxWorks

This is a discussion on ifShow does not show the interface - VxWorks ; Hi, My goal is to see the interface in ifShow output. Am I missing any steps here: 1. XXXendLoad gets called properly and I did END_OBJ_INIT, END_MIB_INIT and END_OBJ_READY. 2. VxWorks accepted that and called XXXendStart (which is dummy in ...

  1. ifShow does not show the interface

    Hi,

    My goal is to see the interface in ifShow output.

    Am I missing any steps here:

    1. XXXendLoad gets called properly and I did END_OBJ_INIT,
    END_MIB_INIT and END_OBJ_READY.

    2. VxWorks accepted that and called XXXendStart (which is dummy in
    code for the time being)

    3. On host shell, I ran ifShow, it shows basic ethernet interface and
    loopback, but not the new interface I am trying to create.

    Any clues?

    Thanks,
    Bhal.

  2. Re: ifShow does not show the interface

    On Apr 3, 1:15 am, "Bhal" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > My goal is to see the interface in ifShow output.
    >
    > Am I missing any steps here:
    >
    > 1. XXXendLoad gets called properly and I did END_OBJ_INIT,
    > END_MIB_INIT and END_OBJ_READY.
    >
    > 2. VxWorks accepted that and called XXXendStart (which is dummy in
    > code for the time being)
    >
    > 3. On host shell, I ran ifShow, it shows basic ethernet interface and
    > loopback, but not the new interface I am trying to create.
    >
    > Any clues?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bhal.

    Did you call the function ipAttach to attach it to the IP Stack.
    Also run the muxShow function which would show you the Mux Layer
    objects which would ensure
    your driver has loaded without any problem.

    Regards,
    Raj

  3. Re: ifShow does not show the interface

    On Apr 12, 3:54 am, "Raj" wrote:
    > On Apr 3, 1:15 am, "Bhal" wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > My goal is to see the interface in ifShow output.

    > > Am I missing any steps here:

    > > 1. XXXendLoad gets called properly and I did END_OBJ_INIT,
    > > END_MIB_INIT and END_OBJ_READY.

    > > 2. VxWorks accepted that and called XXXendStart (which is dummy in
    > > code for the time being)

    > > 3. On host shell, I ran ifShow, it shows basic ethernet interface and
    > > loopback, but not the new interface I am trying to create.

    > > Any clues?

    > > Thanks,
    > > Bhal.

    > Did you call the function ipAttach to attach it to the IP Stack.
    > Also run the muxShow function which would show you the Mux Layer
    > objects which would ensure
    > your driver has loaded without any problem.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Raj- Hide quoted text -

    Raj,

    Thanks for the inputs. In fact, I forgot to update the message board
    earlier. As you said ipAttach was the issue.

    Thanks,
    Bhal.

+ Reply to Thread