dosFsMkfs - VxWorks

This is a discussion on dosFsMkfs - VxWorks ; Hi, I am using VXWorks 6.3 with Pentium BSP. I see that dosFsMkfs is deprecated. Can anyone advise me on what I could use as an alternative. thanks Tim...

  1. dosFsMkfs

    Hi,

    I am using VXWorks 6.3 with Pentium BSP. I see that dosFsMkfs is
    deprecated. Can anyone advise me on what I could use as an
    alternative.

    thanks

    Tim

  2. Re: dosFsMkfs

    How about asking WindRiver ?

    "Bendont" a écrit dans le message de
    news:1172853081.773039.43220@v33g2000cwv.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using VXWorks 6.3 with Pentium BSP. I see that dosFsMkfs is
    > deprecated. Can anyone advise me on what I could use as an
    > alternative.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Tim

  3. Re: dosFsMkfs

    On Mar 2, 4:31 pm, "Bendont" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using VXWorks 6.3 with Pentium BSP. I see that dosFsMkfs is
    > deprecated. Can anyone advise me on what I could use as an
    > alternative.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Tim

    Hi Tim,

    it looks to me like dosFsMkfs was just a wrapper function to call
    dosFsDevInit and dosFsVolFormat, so I guess the alternative is to call
    ataXbdDevCreate and dosFsVolFormat yourself. The dosFs should be
    autodetected on the device in 6.3.

    HTH

    Ed

    Ed Liversidge